Twenty Seven : Battle Royale

The next day, we all head to the woods and walk to the field where the newborns are supposed to be. It is only 60 degrees today so I'll be fine.

We walk on the field and I squeeze Jaspers hand for reassurance that everything will be fine.

He looks down at me and smiles. I look ahead and see multiple vampires start walking out of the woods. There are much more than I thought. Fear washes over me.

'I'm not ready!!! I can't do this!!!'

I feel calm rush over me and I look at Jasper.

"We can do this Cam." Jasper says. I nod and look back at the vampires.

The all come to a stop a few yards away. "Riley, you don't have to do this." Carlisle says.

I can't hear the rest but we all start fighting. I have my bare wooden bat and I hit a few vampires heads off their bodies. There are 10 left. I fight one and he breaks by bat. It snaps into two sharp pieces of wood and I stab the vampire with it. I drop the pieces and we all regroup.

"Was that it?" Emmett asks. "We did it?!"

"That was only 9....." Rosalie says.

I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I look down and there is a piece of my sharp baseball bat going from my back out to my stomach.

I feel nothing, I hear nothing but ringing. I am in a state of shock. I look to my left and Jasper is looking at me with worry. I see Edward kill the vampire that stabbed me.

"J-jasper?" I ask. I fall to the ground onto my side.

Jasper runs over to me and kneels down next to me. "Cameron!" He yells. His voice is very faint because of the ringing. "CARLISLE!!!!!" He screams. I've never heard Jasper talk so loud. I've never heard him scream.

It hits me like a wave. My hearing comes back and I can feel everything. I groan in pain and hold my breath to try and stop it.

"Darlin, don't hold your breath." Jasper says. "You're fine. You're ok."

I start breathing again and I close my eyes. "Cameron, open your eyes!" Jasper says.

Carlisle comes into view. He looks at me with sympathy. "We have to pull it out." He says.

My eyes open wide. "N-NOO!!" I scream.

Jasper looks at me. "Carlisle, there must be another way." He says.

"There's not." Carlisle says.

Jasper closes his eyes for a second. "Ok."

"J-JASPER!!! NOO!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Cameron!" Jasper says. "Look at me." He says. He holds my hands in his. "It's the only way."

I close my eyes. "J-just do it!" I say. I feel pain. Everywhere as Carlisle pulls the bloody wood out of my stomach. I scream in pain.

Jasper picks me up. "Cameron, stay awake for me." He starts speed running with Carlisle. I slip away. Into the darkness.