002.

002. | Sweet Dreams

"I heard you and Rebekah." Iris appeared in front of the Mikaelson boy. "Killing someone is awful, killing my friend is just plain stupid. You've got the charm, and a way with words. It makes me laugh, smile, blush, but if you hurt my friend I will destroy you."

"Destroy me, love? You can't kill me." Kol told her.

"Maybe not." she shrugged. "But imagine all the ways I could try."

"I knew you weren't this innocent girl." Kol smiled as he sipped his champagne. "You've got a dark side. I tend to take that side out of you."

"Really? How?" Iris questioned.

"I can't reveal my diabolical plan so soon. It'd ruin the ending." Kol gasped.

Iris narrowed her eyes at the boy, slightly annoyed with him, but also falling into his dreamy eyes.

"Don't hurt my friend, Kol." she told him. "Please."

Kol sighed. "I won't. But I can't promise Rebekah won't."

"She won't." Iris spoke. "She has a soft spot for him."

"I knew it." Kol laughed before looking at the girl. He smiled at how innocent she looked, but he knew how dark she was, or he was going to find out. "Care for a walk?" Kol held out his arm.

Iris looked at his arm warily before placing her hand in the crook of it. "If it'll keep you away from Matt."

The pair made their way outside, it was silent at first since they didn't really know each other, but Kol was set on changing that.

"So, tell me about yourself." Kol speaks up.

"What do you want to know?" she sighed.

"Let's skip the casual, my favorite color, food, and animal. I want to know the deep stuff." Kol told her.

"You're the 1000 year old here. I bet you have stories for days." Iris laughed.

"You're avoiding." Kol stated.

"Fine," Iris sighs. "Elena, she's my sister, but also my cousin. Turns out she was adopted. My parents died in a car crash, um, I—"

"I know all of that, Iris. I want to know the deep, uncomfortable, heartbreaking stuff that'll make me cry." Kol admitted.

"O-Ok." Iris sighed. "You can't repeat any of this, though."

"Whatever you tell me is only going to me, I promise. I want to know everything about you, Iris." Kol said.

"Fine. So... my sophomore year I was, um, raped by this lame football player. It kind of recked me, to say the least. I ended up getting into alcohol and pills. My parents death only made it worse." Iris started.

"All of the sudden, Damon Salvatore rolls into town. He, uh, tries to kill me to scare his brother. I mean, who wouldn't go for the high, suicidal, lonely girl?" Iris sort of laughs at the end. "Stefan found me, healed me, but then I just ended up falling off of Wickery Bridge the next day. I woke up a monster."

Iris stopped as she started crying. "I— I forbid myself from love, because who would love a monster? We, uh, we found out I was a ripper when I first turned. That's why I drink blood bags. I... I killed someone... I was only 17."

Kol waited a bit to make sure she was done before speaking. "You're not a monster. I've been around a long time. I've seen a lot of vampires, and if you think you're a monster then I don't know what Klaus, my siblings, or I am."