003.

003. | Relax Darling

"Why am I here?" Iris questions Caroline.

"Um... distraction." the blonde answered her.

"Distraction?" Iris questioned. "You guys are keeping me out of the loop and I want to know why."

"Because we love you." Caroline said. "Now come on."

Iris huffed before getting up and walking with Caroline into the grill. Iris followed the girl's plan, and pulled her coat away from her chest to expose cleavage.

Caroline looked over at Alaric, slightly raising her eyebrows. Iris was still clueless. The two girls walked past the Mikaelson boys, but not before Klaus grabbed their attention.

"Caroline. Iris." he called out, stopping the girls.

"Oh. It's you." Caroline said sourly.

"Join us for a drink?" Klaus questioned as Kol raised his glass.

Before Iris could speak, Caroline beat her to it. "Mm. I'd rather die of thirst, but thanks."

Iris turned with Caroline to walk away, but Kol grabbed her, leaving the blonde to walk away with Klaus.

"Hi." she smiled at the boy sweetly.

"Let me buy you a drink." Kol offered.

Iris looked behind the bar at the multiple options of alcohol. When she spotted some bourbon, she agreed and sat by the boy.

"I'll have a bourbon." she told the bartender, and he nodded.

"Put it on my tab." Kol also told him.

"There's no need for that." Iris spoke up.

"Relax darling. I just want to buy you a drink." he said.

Iris rolled her eyes before nodding at the bartender to put it on Kol's tab.

"Did you have fun at the party last night?" Kol asked.

"It was... eventful." the girl sighed. "I'm angry at you for letting me confess my deepest darkest secrets and you not sharing any back."

"What would you like to know, love?" he passed the girl her glass of bourbon.

Iris sipped it before smiling at the boy. "Let's skip the casual, my favorite color, food, and animal. I want to know the deep stuff."

Kol smiled as the girl recited his words from last night. "I've been around a long time, I've done lots of bad things. I'm not ready for you to look at me differently."

"You didn't look at me differently." Iris stated. "I'll treat you with the same respect."

Kol admired the girl's kindness. It was the kind of kindness he needed back into his life.

"So, my brother, Henrick was killed by a pack of wolves the night of a full moon. That's when my father decided to turn-"

"I know that. I want to know the deep, uncomfortable, heartbreaking stuff that'll make me cry." the girl smiled.

Kol smiled once again. "Yes. You know our story, but you don't know how it affected me."

Iris looked at him in the eyes, wanting to see if this would be a hurtful story or a scary story. She nodded for him to continue as she finished her glass.

"Obviously, you know the choice was taken from me. I became... a predator. I never wanted that. So, this anger grew in me, this raging, overwhelming feeling. Let's just say, I wasn't nice to the innocent over the years." Kol sipped his drink.