009.

009. | Mikaelson Protection

"You jackass!" Iris screamed as she jumped up from the bed.

"What did I do?" Kol asked in shock.

"I told you not to let me fall asleep!" she says.

"You should have better self control." he smirks at the girl as he moves his head to reveal the hickey she had made.

"Jackass!" she throws a pillow at him.

"Do you say that a lot?" he asks, but Iris continues to ignore him as she changes her clothes in the bathroom. "Hello?"

"What?" she asks as she walks in to the room and finishes buttoning her jeans.

"Do you say jackass a lot?" he laughs.

"Yes. Jackass." she smiles before kissing his cheek.

"The cheek?" he cocks an eyebrow at her. Iris rolls her eyes before kissing his lips. "Better."

"I have to go help my friend, Caroline, decorate the school for this stupid decade dance." Iris explains.

"Skip it and stay with me." Kol says.

"I wish." Iris sighs as she pulls her hair up into a ponytail. "I'd do anything to be away from my sister. But I have to go."

"No you don't." Kol pulls the girl on the bed beside him before wrapping his arms around her. "We can stay here, watch Pretty Little Liars, read, write, anything you want."

"Sounds nice." Iris turns to face him. "But I can't run from the sad reality that is my life."

Kol falls back on his back as he groans. "Iris Gilbert. You are one stubborn lady."

"Stubborn? No. Responsible? Yes." she smiles before getting up. "See you later."

Iris walks to the door, only for Kol to vamp speed in front of her and stop her from leaving. She gives him a confused look. "Wha—"

Kol grabs her face and quickly connects their lips. Iris was taken aback at first put wrapped her arm around his neck and kissed him back.

"You realize kissing your boyfriend goodbye is a thing?" Kol asks as they pull away.

"Well, I'm sorry boyfriend," she slightly glared at him. "But I'm in a rush."

"Let me take you then." Kol offers, which makes Iris burst into laughter. "What?"

"The last thing any of my friends and siblings want, is to see you, or see you with me. I'm fine going alone." Iris tells him.

"I don't care what they think." he says.

"I do." she states.

"Why?" Kol asks. "It's your life, not theirs. You're going to let their feelings dictate how you live your life?"

"Yes." Iris says.

"That's a sad way to live, Iris Gilbert." Kol tells her.

"I have a sad life, Kol Mikaelson." she smiles before slipping out of the hotel door.

"Sorry I'm late." Iris stumbles next to her blonde friend and sister as she lets her hair down.

"Where were you?" Caroline asks.

"None of your business. You'll just go and tell Damon." she rolls her eyes.