011.

011. | Utterly Useless

3 YEARS AGO

Elena and Iris stumbled as they walked up the stairs, Elena supporting the both of them. They reached the girl's room and Elena lied her down gently.

"Are you alright? Does anything hurt?" Elena asks.

"No. My head is just pounding." Iris answered.

"I'll get you some Tylenol." Elena rushed towards the door, before Iris stopped her.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Elena." Iris groaned as she tried to sit up.

"Right." Elena sighed. "I don't— I don't know what to do or how to help."

"Just... be here." Iris told the girl.

Elena nodded and walked over to the bed. She slowly climbed in beside the girl. "I'm not going anywhere."

"What do you think we will be like in 3 years?" Iris asked, her quiet voice slightly squeaking.

"Um... I think we'll be a happy family again. Supporting each other and loving each other." Elena says.

"Still eating Jenna's awful food." Iris laughed.

"We'll have to help her with that." Elena also laughed.

"What about us?" the raven haired girl looked down at her younger sister.

"I think... I think we'll be right beside each other like always. Always being each other's source of happiness and never letting a boy get in between us." Elena answered.

Iris hummed at the happy future before drifting off to sleep.

PRESENT

"You know this is your fault." Klaus tells Stefan. "You set us on this path when you released my mother. I wonder if revenge will prove worth the cost."

"Oh, I'm done with revenge. As far as Esther, we've stopped her before. We'll stop her again." Stefan answers.

"We are strange bedfellows, you and I." Klaus says. "You know, all of this reminds me of our time together in the twenties."

Stefan laughed. "You say that like I'm supposed to have happy memories about it."

"Well, there were moments, real friendship." Klaus says.

"Speaking of friendship." Iris chimes. "Is the old Stefan back, because if he is, I'd like my best friend to also be back."

Stefan sighed. "He's... somewhere."

"That wasn't an answer." Iris stated.

"I don't know, Iris. It's going to take some time." Stefan answers. "But... I'm here, now."

Iris walks over to him and hugs him. "I'm so... tired."

Stefan laughs as he hugs her back. "I'm a bit sleepy too."

"No. I'm tired of this." she says.

"What do you mean?" Klaus questions.

"I'm tired of fighting for our lives everyday, and being a vampire. I miss real life problems like... which college am I going to, how many kids do I want, or if I want any at all." Iris says. "How have you done it these past 100 years and 1000 years."

The two vampires didn't answer, but maybe because they don't remember being human. Iris looked back and fourth before it hit her.

"You guys don't remember being human, do you?" she asks, and they both shake their heads. "Sorry."