010.

010. | I Promise I Won't Hurt You

3 YEARS AGO

The empty pill bottle lied sideways on the girl's bed as she sat on the floor, the world spinning as she stared off into space. An overwhelming sickness fell over the girl, and then she fell, the world turning black.

Elena walked into the girl's room, terror written on her face. "Iris..." she whispered. "Jenna! Jeremy!"

The two rushed into the room, gasps flowing out of their mouths as they watched foam burst out of the Iris's mouth.

"Call 911, Jer!" Jenna ordered, but the boy just continued to watch as his sister shake violently and foam spatter the floor. "Now Jeremy!"

Elena ran and dropped next to her sister, turning her over on her side. "Please, Iris. No, no, no!"

Screams continued to explode from Jenna and Elena as tears streamed down their face. Jeremy ran back in and told the girls the ambulance was 2 minutes away.

"Iris, don't die. I'm begging you." Elena spoke quietly.

"She's not going to die, Elena! Jesus." Jeremy said in anger.

The ambulance soon arrived and carried the girl out. Elena didn't hesitate to jump in and ride with them.

Iris groaned as her eyes began to flutter open. She looked around the room to see Jeremy and Jenna sleeping in chairs on the other side of the room. She turned to the right and Elena was asleep beside her in a chair, holding her hand.

She tried to carefully slip her hand away, but it only woke Elena up. Elena quickly sat up and looked up at the medical machines.

"Are you okay, Iris? What's wrong?" Elena quickly asked, waking the other two.

"Nothing's wrong." she stated. "All I did was wake up."

"Are you insane?" Jeremy quickly asked the girl with anger.

"Wha—"

"Why would you take all of those pills!" he yelled. "We just lost mom and dad! Now you want to leave us too?"

"Jeremy—"

"No!" he yelled before rushing out of the room. Jenna gave the girl a sympathetic look for before rushing after.

"He's right, you know." Elena says. "I mean— What we're you thinking?"

Tears rolled down the girls cheek as she started to yell, "I was thinking that my parents are dead and the last thing I told was that I hate them! My mother— Our mother was the only one who understood me and her last memory of me was hate and betrayal."

"Iris that isn't your fault. You didn't know." Elena tells her.

"Yes it is!" Iris exclaims before breaking down in tears.

Elena didn't hesitate to jump in the bed and comfort the girl. "I don't want to hurt anymore, Elena."

"You won't. I'll make sure of it. No one will hurt you. Especially not me." Elena whispered.

"Promise me." Iris spoke.

"I promise I won't hurt you."