022.

022. | YOU SAVED MY LIFE

It's currently been a week without seeing Kol, and Iris felt unusual. She wondered how he was doing since he hasn't called or texted her since the party.

Maybe Elena and Stefan's breakup had to do with the girl's uneasiness. She always thought they were the power couple and could get through anything, but now they were broken up, so where did that leave Kol and her?

The girl had just finished getting dressed so she could help Caroline get Miss Mystic Falls ready. Elena had knocked on the girl's door 5 times to tell her it was time to go, and she was coming back for a 6th.

Iris opened the door and Elena's hand stopped midway. "Oh, you're ready. Let's go."

"Onto the Queen of Control Freaks." Iris groaned before walking out.

It didn't take long for the girl's to arrive at their destination, and they were currently walking across the lawn to Caroline.

"Look, I'm your best friend, and—"

"You're her best friend?" Iris cocks an eyebrows at the blonde and Caroline only gives her a sarcastic smile.

"And I would never pick sides, but are you sure this is what you want?" Caroline asks. "Because Stefan is your soul mate. Sorry. Picking sides."

"It's not like I don't love Stefan anymore, but I can't deny that ever since I turned, my feelings for Damon have become more intense." Iris shivered at her sister's words.

"Yeah, I know. Stefan filled me in on all the gory Damon details." Caroline says.

"He did?" Elena questions, and Caroline raises her eyebrows at the girl. "Is he ok?"

"No. He's heartbroken." Caroline says bluntly.

"Well, what was I supposed to do? Lie to him?" Elena asks frustratedly.

"God, no. Don't ever lie." Iris mutters.

"You weren't supposed to let Damon weasel his way into your confused, newbie vampire heart." Caroline gestures towards the girl's chest.

"Well, he did, and that's exactly what I am— confused. I need to figure out what these feelings actually mean." Elena shrugs.

"Excuse me. I'm a little lost." Professor Shane comes out of nowhere. "I'm here to interview contestants."

"You're Professor Shane?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, that's right— Professor by day, pageant judge by other day." he jokes, but Iris didn't find it funny.

"Funny." Iris fake smiles before turning back to the flowers she was working with.

"In spite of being absurdly unqualified, I'm apparently awarding a scholarship?" he says confused.

"Uh, inside by the parlor." Caroline gives him directions.

"Right here?"

"Mhm."

"Alright. I'll just follow the scent of hair spray and world domination." he says.

"You sure are the jokester." Iris mutters.

"He's the one who told Damon how to break the hunter's curse." Elena says as he walks away.

"He's also the one that has Bonnie so obsessed with practicing magic that she bailed on pageant prep." Caroline says a bit annoyed.

"At least I didn't!" Iris cheered.

"Shockingly, you didn't." Caroline says sourly.

Iris scoffs. "See you guys later. I'm gonna go shopping for a dress."