005.

005. | Lost that part of me

Iris vamp sped to Abby's home as fast as she could to be there for her best friend. She knocked on the door and tapped her foot impatiently as she waited. The door finally opened, and Iris was greeted by the Bennett girl.

"Hi." Iris hugged her. "How are you?"

"Well, I'm better than my mom, so I guess that's good. I just wish there was something I could do to help her." Bonnie says.

"Where is she?" the Gilbert girl questioned, and Bonnie pointed over to the garden.

"Hey!" a voice behind the girls called.

The two turned around to see Caroline walking towards them. "Hey." they both said.

"I totally lucked out. The hospital just had a blood drive, so I got some..." she set down the tub before opening it. "O Negatives, some As, and, my personal favorite, B positives."

"B positives?" Iris questioned. "O negatives are the best."

Caroline went to argue with the girl, but the two noticed Bonnie's focus on her mom.

"I made her a daylight ring, she's just been standing out there all morning. I don't think she's taking this very well." Bonnie says.

"Well, it's only been a few days since she turned. Your mom's still adjusting." Caroline tells the girl.

"Yeah. When I first turned I was an emotional reck." Iris rubs Bonnie's arm comfortingly.

The girls walked over to the garden where Abby was. "Miss Wilson?" Caroline spoke. "Why don't you come inside? You know, have something to drink."

"I can't feel it anymore." Abby said. "My garden. It's gone. I can't feel anything."

The girls watched as she walked away. Iris felt bad because she knew exactly how Abby was feeling. Abby's witch side was like Iris being human. They both lost that when they turned.

"I don't understand." Caroline shook her head.

"Witches have a connection to the Earth. We can literally feel nature. Life." Bonnie said before muttering a spell and making the flower bloom.

The two girls smiled at their friend. "When Abby became a vampire, she lost it. I don't know how to help her."

"Just... be there. Be her daughter." Iris advices.

"Hi, Abby." Iris greeted the woman. "How are you? Can I get you anything?"

Abby shook her head. "I'm fine." was all she said before getting up and walking away.

"It's gonna take her some time." Bonnie tells the girl as she continues to cook. All of the sudden Jamie walks through the door. "Who are you, again?"

"The guy who lives out back. You know, the one you're not related to." he answers.

"Right." Bonnie smiles before turning back to cook.

"Caroline and I had a little talk." Jamie admits.

"Oh, god. I feel for you." Iris jokes before her phone rings. "Hey, I'll be back."

The two nod before Iris leaves. Once she gets a good distance she answers the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello, love." the voice spoke.