032.

032. | HELLO NEW ORLEANS

"It's so amazing here!" Iris exclaims as she walks around with Klaus.

"Isn't it?" Klaus asks as he walks through a crowd and makes eye contact with a woman.

She immediately begins to pack her things up. He walks faster and sits down at her table, Iris standing behind him.

"Good afternoon. Time for one more?" he greets the woman.

"I have nothing to say to you." she tells him.

"Oh, now, that's not very amiable, is it?" he smirks. "You don't even know me."

"I know what you are. Half-vampire, half-beast. You're the hybrid." her eyes flicker up to Iris, signaling she knew what she was too.

"I'm the original hybrid, actually, but that's a long story for another time." Klaus tells her. "I'm looking for someone, a witch. Perhaps you might be able to help me find her. Jane-Anne Deveraux."

The woman tensed up at the name. "Sorry, I don't know."

"You're lying." Iris informs her. "Your heart skipped a beat."

Klaus looked up and smirked at the girl before bringing his attention back to the woman. "Now, you see... I know that you're a true witch amongst this sea of poseurs. So enough with fabrications. I've got quite a temper."

"Witches don't talk out of the school in the quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel's rules." she states.

""The Quarter"? Is that what it's called?" Iris smiles as she looks around in awe.

Klaus glares at the girl, telling her it's not the time. "Marcel's rules? Where do you suppose I might find Marcel?"

The woman informs him and Klaus immediately gets up, dragging Iris along with him. "Klaus, no. I want to have fun. I don't want to talk to the vampire who runs this place."

"Me and that vampire have a long history. I am not putting you in any danger, or killing any fun. We will have fun after I have a little chat with Marcel." Klaus tells her.

Iris groans as she walks into the building with Klaus. She scans the room and her eyes land on the man singing. She looks up at Klaus who was staring at him also.

"Is that him?" she asks.

Iris's question was answered when he looked in their direction. "Klaus?" he questioned.

"Marcel." the Mikaelson responded.

"Must be a 100 years since that nasty business with you papa." Marcel says.

"Has it been that long?" Klaus asks as he begins walking towards Marcel, Iris right behind him.

"The way I recall it, he ran you out of town." Marcel says. "Left a trail of dead vampires in his wake."

"And yet how fortunate you managed to survive." Klaus pointed out. "My father, I'm afraid, I recently incinerated to dust."

A bunch of guys immediately stood up and Iris reluctantly grabbed onto Klaus's arm. "Can we go?"

Klaus didn't respond, but Marcel sure did have something to say. "Well, if I had known you were coming back to town, if I had a heads up—"

"What... Marcel?" Klaus took a step forward, making Iris let go of him. "What would you have done?"

"I'd have thrown you a damn parade." he said before pulling the man into a hug.

Iris looked at them confused as they laughed, but calmed down.