Chapter 31- Cake by the Lake

(Now for the real Lake chapter! If I see any sus comments I will bonk you and send you to the horny gulag for eternity. Seriously, I will delete sus comments. Anyways, enjoy the chapter. Art by Debbysheen on twitter. Oh speaking about Art please go checkout @LAZY-EMMY-ART. They drew a wonderful genderbent version of (Y/n) that I think needs to be checked out!)

You carry the food and drink cooler from the car you took and set it on one of the picnic tables. Garen was already cracking open a cold one and set up his chair and fishing rod.

Garen: "Ahhhhh, now this is what vacation is all about."

You: "Seems like you've already set up for the day."

Garen: "Yes I have! Nothing like a cold beer, a nice spring day, and a lake full of nothing but fish. Also window shopping the local cake. If you catch my drift."

Garen with his shades and "Women want me, Fish fear me" hat was glancing towards the other on goers at the lake. Some of them are women around your age and maybe a bit older.

You: "Are you still looking for a girl?"

Garen: "(Y/n) my old chum. I've gotten no bitches in a year! A year!"

Lux: "And you'll continue to get none talking like that!

Rell: "Especially with what you're wearing."

You took a better look at what Garen was wearing, jean shorts, a white undershirt with a plaid button shirt, and some sandals.

You: "Well you're dressed for the lake?

Garen: "I look rad!"

Lillia: "You look like a dad."

You all burst out laughing except for Garen who just sat back in his chair and drank his beer.

You: "Where are the rest?"

Lillia: "Oh they went to get changed! Right after we did, they said they'd be out soon!"

You: "Okay, well let's get everything set up in the meantime."

You, Rell, Lux, and Lillia helped set up the table with the drinks and snacks. While Rell was lighting the grill after you all finished you stood by the water on the beach.

???: "Papa!"

You turned to see mini KDA run towards you all dressed in brightly colored children's swimsuits. They all had floaties on while Ina and Deanna had inflatable tubes around their waste. Mai was holding a bucket and a small shovel.

Ina: "Papa look! I can go swimming now!"

Leah: "Is papa going swimming too!"

Deanna: "Look mama got this for me!"

Mai: "Can we build a sand castle!"

You knelt down and patted the girls heads.

You: "Okay, you can go swim. I'll watch you all from here."

Ina, Deanna, and Leah: "Yay!"

The three ran off into the water and started to splash around. You looked at Mai who was just sitting in the sand playing with a shovel and bucket.

You: "Aren't you also going to swim Mai?"

Mai then looked down and her ears dropped with her tails.

Mai: "I.. I don't know how."

You: "You mom or dad didn't teach you?"

Mai: "Mama was always busy, and my old papa was never home."

You patted the space between her ears and she looked up at you. You smiled and picked her up.