Part 2

My goal for my time at Crossroads was to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Take general classes, complete internships in town, and then be ready for a program at a University.

I wanted my time at Crossroads to be smooth sailing.

But now that Blaze Callanan was here- that would not be the case.

My family and the Callanan family have had animosity for years and years- dating way back even before my parents were born. But I didn't think that would affect how Blaze acted toward me.

But I learned in Primary school that was not the case. Blaze tried to make my life a living hell- so much so that we were not allowed in the same class. But she went to a different Prep school, closer to her home. And I thought I would never have to see Blaze's face again.

I guess I was wrong.

Part of me feared her- like I did when I was a child still. But the other part of me wanted to challenge her now. I wasn't 10 years old anymore- I was an adult now. I could handle Blaze. I could be a complete bitch back to her.

I barely slept my first night in the dormitory. The bed wasn't uncomfortable- but being in a room with 5 other girls was not something I was even remotely used to.

There was a communal restroom across the hall from my room- so at 5:30 AM I stopped bothering to even try to sleep, and I decided to slip out and get ready. Every other girl was fast asleep in the room. I looked at Blaze for a second before I left- she looked peaceful- for once.

I went into the bathroom, with my small makeup case and toothbrush. We weren't allowed to wear heavy makeup at Crossroads, but I figured some mascara and blush wouldn't hurt.

My long, golden blonde hair was a bit frizzy from all of my tossing and turning and the summer heat. So I brushed it straight and put a red headband in my hair. I put some blush on the apples of my cheeks, which were always too round for my liking, and coated my lashes with mascara- bringing out my dark blue/gray eyes.

I was choosing between light pink or nude lipstick when I heard footsteps behind me.

In walked Samanatha, who was already in her uniform. Like me, she chose to wear the pleated blue and yellow skirt along with the gray sweater.

"I didn't think anyone else would be up, but I saw your bed was empty." she gave me a small smile, walking up to the sink next to me and setting down her makeup bag and brush.

"I had some trouble sleeping." I said, putting on some nude lipstick.

Samantha nodded, "Same here. It's an odd feeling- sleeping in a room with five other people. I am used to having my own room." she started to brush out her dark hair, that didn't even need to be brushed.

"Where are you from?" I asked her.

"The town of Naples. How about you?"

"I'm from Raya. I went to Prep school here." I said back.

"Oh, so you're used to the area! You'll have to show me all of the interesting places." Samantha said, excited.

"I can certainly do that." I nodded.

Samantha gave me an uncertain glance. "Is Blaze from Raya too?"

My stomach dropped at the sound of her name.

"No." I shook my head, "Blaze is from Valoria."

"Oh. I thought maybe she was from here...since you know each other."

I sighed, "No. And I am honestly quite shaken up that she is here."

"Did something happen between you two?"