Part 27

On the last day of August, my parents dropped me off at Valoria University.

Where I would be for the next two years.

My hard work in my summer classes paid off. Raya University still wouldn't accept me- they said that my suspension "didn't look good."

But Valoria University looked past it. And two weeks ago, they said they had a spot in a room for me.

My parents made me enter as a Business major, much to my dismay.

They were still angry at me- and barely spoke to me- but their anger subsided the smallest bit when I got into Valoria.

I was actually looking forward to a new start, not in Raya.

But of course, all I could think about was that I was in the same town as Blaze. Where she was from.

Or maybe I wasn't. Who knows where she wound up at University.

I kept telling myself I had to try to move past it. I didn't want to- my heart didn't want to. But for my own sanity, I had to try. And I didn't mean finding someone else. I meant healing on my own.

I stood there at the entrance of campus, which was much bigger than Crossroads.

But I felt proud for a moment. I was at University.

"Can I help you with your bags, Miss?"

A young man with shaggy brown hair approached me. I immediately got a flashback of Emilio on my first day of Crossroads.

"Oh, thank you." I said, "I'll take one, you can take the other."

"What building are you in?" he asked me, "'My name is Asher, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Asher. I'm Natasha. I'm in building Four, room 22."

I was going to be in a small room, like how Blaze's was at Upright. I didn't even know who my roommate was.

The gray brick building was older, and had dark wooden floors when we walked in. I was on the second floor, so Asher and I trudged up the steps.

The wooden door to my room was shut. It had "22" on it in black lettering.

So this was my new home. It sure as hell didn't feel like it.

"It looks like your roommate is not here yet." Asher said, opening the door, "Good luck, Natasha."

I walked into the room. It was more spacious than I thought it would be. There were two beds against each side of the wall, two desks behind the beds, and two closets. There was a large window on the other side of the door.

Depending on who my roommate was, I believed I could handle this. I already missed my friends like crazy. But maybe I could become close with my roommate.

I started unpacking my belongings- including lots of clothing. The only time I had to be in uniform was during classes. Otherwise, I could wear what I wanted. I thought back to Headmaster Ryland and her stupid dress code rule. That was no more.

About a half hour later, the door opened. I turned to see a girl in Valoria uniform. She was short, and petite. She had blonde curls down past her shoulders and big brown eyes. Her skin was pale, and she had small features.

"Hi!" said to me, very friendly, "My name is Shelby! What's your name?"

She walked in the room, pulling her luggage behind her.

"Natasha. So, I guess we are roommates?" I looked up at Shelby. I was on the floor, arranging some of my clothes.

"Looks like it!" Shelby smiled at me.