Part 8

The next weekend Samantha got permission to go off campus. She told Headmaster Ryland that she was going home to Naples to see her parents.

But she was really going to see my brother.

All of us in the room knew where she was going- except Danica, of course. Even Blaze knew.

"You're seriously going to risk it all for Maxwell Morton?" she scoffed.

"Blaze, don't talk about my brother, please." I said, and she shot me a glare.

"Maxwell is wonderful, mind you." Samantha said to Blaze.

"Yeah. Sure." Blaze said back.

"Maybe you are just jealous, Blaze? I heard through the grapevine that you and Eve are over." Juliette said in a mischievous tone.

"And what about it?" Blaze asked, "Yes, Eve and I ended things. She was just using me for her first gay experience."

I felt my heart beat faster, with Blaze mentioning that her and Eve broke up.

Why?

"Girls like that are the worst." I said.

"No one asked you." Blaze said back to me.

"You're impossible." I said back to her.

"You two bicker like a married couple." Violetta laughed and shook her head.

"Don't ever mention marriage and Natasha to me." Blaze said, getting up. She turned to Samantha, "Good luck this weekend. Don't get caught or pregnant."

She then hastily walked out of the room.

"I'm on birth control." Samantha mumbled.

I was going to miss Samantha this weekend. She was my closest friend. I was close with Violetta and Juliette as well, but not as close yet.

Then there was Melina. We hadn't had any other sexual interactions since the time in the library. Just normal, friendly interactions.

After Samantha left, I decided to go down to Melina's room and see what she was up to.

Melina shared a room with three other girls. And when I got to her room, she was on her bed, doing a crossword puzzle.

"I didn't know you enjoyed crossword." I said, walking up to her.

"Oh, Natasha! Hello." she grinned at me and put her crossword book down, "I've loved doing them since I was a kid. I used to with my dad all the time."

"That's sweet."

"So...what brings you to my humble abode?" Melina asked me.

"I wanted to know if you would like to go for a walk into town with me. Maybe get a cup of tea or coffee."

Melina stood up, "Of course. Let me just put on a proper sweater and not this pullover hoodie."

Melina stood up, turned around, and took her shirt off. I could see that she was wearing a sports bra, and her back was more muscular than I expected.

She put on the gray uniform sweater, a jacket, and was already wearing a skirt. "Let's go." she said.

We walked off campus together. The leaves were coming in on the trees, painting a colorful scene of reds and pinks. October was in full swing.

"Do you know a good coffee shop?" Melina asked me.

"I do. I would come here to study in my earlier Prep school years. It's called Moonshine Coffee House."