Part 14

I took the train home from Crossroads to my parents house- I knew if it was up to them, I would be staying on Crossroads campus for winter break as well- but no students were allowed on campus for the two week break.

Crossroads is on one end of Raya, and my parents live on the opposite end, so it is about an hour and a half train ride. I wanted them to come pick me up, but they said they did not have time for that.

My parents- Collin and Raina Morton- live a life of lavish. Being in the government, they have money. And they flaunt it. To the public, my father is an honest man who wants to help Raya. He is part of the Senate, which is right under the Head Leader- our President, essentially.

I honestly do not know a lot about what he does in the government- considering they shipped me off to go live at Raya Prep when I was 13 years old. Even though my father is a known figure in Raya, I am not. News outlets will mention his 18 year old daughter- of course not saying I go to Crossroads- and his 20 year old son. But my father never lets the news outlets say our names- one thing he has done to protect Maxwell and I.

My mother loves her elite life. She gets to spend time with other Politician's wives, go to lunches and dinners, go shopping- and she does have a say in some of the policies my father is involved with behind the scenes.

They own a beach house in Raya, but also a large Victorian style home in Raya as well- where I would be going for winter break. It is a 5 bedroom, 4 and a half bathroom home. It is the home I grew up in until I went away to school. I was only there for winter breaks since I was 13. In the summers I would do summer classes at Raya Prep-  except for a week in between when I would go to the beach house. So in all, I spend about 3 weeks of the whole year with my parents.

The entire train ride I thought about Blaze. She was the only thing on my mind, and she was consuming it. I thought about our night together- how she kissed me, how she touched me, how she said my name.

How I would most likely never see her again.

Maxwell picked me up from the train station in one of the family cars.

"I have some news you won't like." he said, pulling out of the train station lot.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Mother and father are at the beach house. They will be for the next week, but they will be back in time for New Years. They are throwing a party."

I sighed, "It's like they want to avoid me."

"Don't pay them any mind, Natasha." Maxwell said, "But I have good news- Samantha is going to spend a few days here- she will be attending our New Years party."

That made me feel better- having my best friend in Raya would be wonderful- even if she was mostly there for my brother.

Winter break felt lonely. It was nice being able to sleep in, but I spent my days going to the local coffee shop and writing, spending time with Maxwell, shopping- and thinking about Blaze.

I felt empty. I didn't even have her phone number, so there was no way I could contact her. Would she even want me to?

A week after I came home, my parents arrived back from the beach house.

My father gave me a hug and a pat on the back, and my mother gave me a less genuine hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Natasha, darling. Get ready. I am going to take you out to lunch." my mother said. She was already dressed to the nines in a light blue dress. Her strawberry blonde hair was perfectly styled. I look a lot like my mother, I've been told.

I put on a nicer outfit, I was sure wherever my mother was going to take me would be a nicer restaurant.

And it was. She took me to a tea house about 20 minutes away. It was a fancy affair, with a three decker tray that had tea sandwiches, cakes, and scones.