Part 23

April was the last full month of school. I was starting to feel a pit in my stomach- but I also was excited for my new journey with Blaze.

When we were at the same school together every day we hated each other, and now when we went to University together, it would be the exact opposite.

I couldn't wait.

The first week, I got three letters back from Universities. Emilio had been working overtime delivering mail to all of us in our rooms, and when he gave me the three envelopes he said, "Good luck, Miss Natasha."

I held the big envelopes in my hands and sat on my bed. I wished that Blaze could be with me at that moment.

Samantha sat next to me. "Let's open them together." she said.

"Okay." I nodded and looked at her, "It looks like we've got acceptance statuses back from Raya University, Valoria University, and The College of Raya."

"What do you want to open first?" Samanatha asked me.

"The College of Raya, I care about that one the least." I said.

Samanatha opened up the envelope and pulled out the white piece of paper inside. I saw her face slightly fall.

"I didn't get in, did I?" I asked her.

"No. I'm so sorry." and she handed me the denial letter.

I looked at the first sentence. "Dear Miss Natasha Morton, We regret to inform you that..."

I stopped reading. I didn't get it. It is what it is.

"I am going to open Valoria University next. Would you open Raya ?" I asked Samantha.

"Of course." she said.

We tore open the letters at the same time.

I read the piece of paper. It said:

Dear Miss Natasha Morton,

We are delighted to accept you into Valoria University.

"I got in!" I said to Samanatha, who at the same time said, "You into Raya!"

We laughed, and Samanatha gave me a hug.

"Congratulations." she said to me, "I'm proud of you."

I felt joy. Even if I didn't get in anywhere else, I got into two colleges. And that was all I needed to know.

I called Blaze later that night.

"I got into Valoria University and Raya University." I said to her.

"So did!" she said, "I'm so happy. I got into The College of Raya as well."

"I got denied from there. But it's okay."

"I wasn't going to go there anyways. But congratulations." I said to Blaze.

"Thank you. I won't be going there either, obviously." Blaze said.

"We will have to make a decision soon."

"I know. But I actually have something else to tell you." she said.

"What is it?"

"I told my parents about us. And they didn't...take it as badly as I thought they would."

"They didn't? What did they say?" I asked, my body tensing up.

"So they didn't say much at first. I spoke to them over the phone. They seemed worried. But I told them how happy you make me, and that you are amazing. And I think they could feel that. So they said they were happy for us. And they want to meet you." Blaze said.