Part 4

During the second week of school, my older brother, Maxwell, called me after I had class.

Maxwell is 20 years old, and he is a student at a University in Raya not too far away. He is studying medicine. Maxwell has always been the smarter child of the family.

"How is it going?" he asked me, "I heard through the grapevine that Blaze Callanan is at Crossroads."

"You heard correctly." I said, "And she is one of my roommates."

"Are you serious? She better not be bothering you like she did when you were younger."

"Oh, she is. But I can handle my own now." I said, "But I wanted to ask...do you know anything about why her family hates ours so much and vice versa? I know it's about politics and money. That's it." I decided to not share the information Blaze spilled at Never Have I Ever.

"That's about as much as I know as well." Maxwell said, "But honestly, I've always been more curious as to why her name is Blaze. What made her parents give her that name?"

I couldn't help but chuckle. Thankfully no one was around me in the common room as I spoke to Maxwell. "That's another question I would love to know the answer to as well."

"We should meet up sometime. I'll bring my friends to a bar and you can bring yours."

"That sounds really fun." I said, "We will arrange it."

After I hung up with my brother, I wondered if he would like Samantha. She was pretty and kind, what wasn't to like?

Speaking of Samantha, she came walking into the commons room when I hung up with Maxwell.

"Who were you on the phone with?" she asked me, sitting down next to me on the couch.

"My brother, Maxwell." I said, "He suggested that some of his friends and him go out with me and some of mine. We can meet up at a bar."

"I think that's a great idea." Samantha said, "Is your brother cute?"

"As his sister, I refuse to answer that." I laughed.

Samantha laughed too, "I mean like, objectively."

"He has blonde hair like me. Green eyes. He's pretty tall." I said, "I'll show you a picture of him."

"I'm sure Juliette will flirt with him." Samantha said.

"I am sure she will." I agreed, "But I think you are more Maxwell's type."

Samantha smiled to herself. She then said, "Want to come with me to explore the clubs tonight? I'm wondering which club I should join."

"It was cool last year being about to join the clubs with Crossroads when I was in my last year of Prep school. It'll be interesting now being in Crossroads myself." I said, "I'll come with you."

"Oh, yes. I did read that- that the senior prep students can join and run the clubs too." Samantha said, "Thanks for going with me later."

The clubs were being set up at 7 PM. Most of them were run by senior prep students, and it was encouraged for Crossroads students to join because it looked good when it was time to apply to Universities. When I was a senior prep student last year I didn't join any clubs, much to my parents disdain.

The club tables were set up on the grassy field in the commons area. There were around 6 clubs to be able to join.

Samantha and I looked at each of them. There was the rugby team, academics club, musical group, art club, and drama.