Part 20

I decided I was going to really concentrate on my school work- which was extremely difficult, because Blaze was always on my mind. But I wanted to be able to get into University, with Blaze. So it was for us.

I've always had trouble focusing on more than one thing. Blaze was now at the forefront of my mind. But I was trying to let school share the same space with her. It was difficult. I found myself staring at pages in the library to study- and not taking in any of the information.

Lovers Day was Saturday, February 14th, and two days before that- I found myself in the library trying to study. But all I could think about was Blaze, and how she wasn't going to be able to come here for Lover's Day. How every other girl on campus could have their significant other spend the day, but not me.

Blaze, why did you have to get expelled?

I was looking down at my Geography book when I heard someone sit across from me.

I looked up to see Carolina, who Blaze would spend most of her time with when she went to Crossroads.

"Carolina, how are you?" I asked her.

"I'm well. You look stressed." she observed.

"I am a bit stressed. Studying does that to me. Can...I help you with something?"

"I still talk to Blaze- she became a true friend here. And I know you and her are dating. Which I could have seen from a mile away." Carolina gave me a smile.

I smiled back, not knowing where this conversation was headed.

"Look, as a friend of Blaze's, I want to help you." Carolina said.

"How so?"

"I have something that might help you concentrate a bit better on your studies." Carolina reached into her brown leather bag and pulled out a small plastic bag.

She then placed it on the table and slid it across to me. There were small, dark blue pills inside the bag.

"What is this?" I asked her.

"Adderall." Carolina said, "I take it and it helps me. I have ADHD, it helps me get my papers done. I'm not telling you that you have to take it. But I would suggest it. Blaze told me that you and her want to go to the same University. This could help you."

I looked at Carolina. "Thanks." I said, "I'll think about it."

The next day in Anatomy and Physiology I got my grade back about the anatomy of the spine- a 70%.

That wasn't going to cut it.

I got back to my room, and the only one that was there was Violetta. When she wasn't looking, and was rearranging her crystal necklaces, I took the pill with a sip of water.

I wasn't expecting anything- but I needed something to help me out.

Lover's Day was a special occasion. In school, as well as for adults. We were having a little festival with food and drinks, since a lot of the girls at school were in a relationship.

Maxwell was going to be coming, along with Eric, Saul  and Augustus- who were going to be Violetta, Carrington, and Juliette's dates.

And then there was me. Who was going to be ninth wheeling.

"Hey, Natasha. Want to come help me straighten my hair in the bathroom?" Juliette asked me, "I always have trouble getting the back of my head."

"Sure." I said, and followed Juliette, who had her straightener in her hand, out of the room.