Down to earth

"Spend my days locked in a haze.
Trying to forget you babe, I fall back down.
Gotta stay high all my life to forget I'm missing you.
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh."

Habits | Tove Lo

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

I walked towards another delinquents cell, my boots echoing as they hit the metal flooring down the hallway of the Ark.

I knew this day was going to come I just didn't think it would happen so fast. All these innocent kids, sent down to earth to die.

"Next up is Monty Green and Jasper Jordan" my partner spoke firmly.

"Annoying kids they are" he added.

"How would you feel if you got stuck in the sky box" I spat at him.

"Well I wouldn't now would I" he replied.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

We reached the cell door and unlocked it. The two boys were sitting on their bunks talking but quickly fell silent.

"Prisoners 376 and 377, Green Monty and Jordan Jasper, face the wall and stick out your right arm" I demanded.

"Wait but it's not our time" jasper rushed his words.

"Annabeth don't do this, we're your friends!" Monty yelled.

"Face the wall!" My partner shouted at them.

I ignored their cry's for help and continued to put their wrist bands on.

"This might hurt a bit" I stated clamping the metal bands on the boys wrists.

"Alright follow me delinquents" I told them.

"What's going on?!" I heard kids screamed.

"Let us go!" More yelled.

I walked both teens out of their cell and down the sky box hallway. I put both boys into a line full of other kids.

"Stay put" I told them firmly.

Voices filled the room as I walked past more and more kids, each one trying to ask me what was going on.

I kept walking till I reached Bellamy's dorm. I opened the door to find an empty room.

"Bellamy?!" I yelled.

No reply, just the sounds of kids yelling from around the ark and air from the vents. Then I realised he mentioned getting in the drop ship.

"You idiot Blake" i whispered.

I ran back to the delinquents and asked the a guard for the list of names for the drop ship. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I read Murphys name, he was givin a second chance to live.

I kept looking for a girls name, Octavia. Bellamy would do anything to protect his sister, even get in a drop ship to earth.

"Is Octavia Blake on this list?" I asked the other guard.

"I don't know, I'm sorry. Now go help kids get loaded in" he replied.

I grabbed a kid by the arm and pulled them inside the drop ship.

"Get buckled in!" I yelled.

I went to the first level and looked around for Bellamy. I took a spare seat in the back and buckled in. I kept my head down and didn't talk.

I sat there in silence until another guard came in. As he walked towards me I realised it was the one and only Bellamy Blake.

When he looked up he was stunned to see me.