Lullaby

"Who cares if one more light goes out?
In a sky of a million stars.
It flickers, flickers.
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are.
We're quicker, quicker.
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do."

One more light | Linkin Park

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

After my incident with Bellamy I ran off out of camp, I didn't get far when I head cries of a young girl.

I turned back and rushed over to where the noise was. I found a small girl asleep next to a tree, she was screaming with tears coming down her face.

"Hey, hey wake up" I pushed her gently.

She sprung up and looked at me.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" I told her.

"I'm the one who should be sorry, I don't mean to keep people awake with my screaming" she whispered.

"You're charlotte right? I'm Annabeth" I introduced myself.

"I know who you are, you were my guard for a while when I was in the skybox" charlotte explained.

"Yeah I was" I smiled.

"I like your white hair, how did you get it?" Charlotte asked me.

"I was born with it" I replied.

"It look nice" she told me.

Both me and her kept talking keeping each other company while sitting on a hill inside camp.

"So these nightmares, they happen a lot?" I asked her softly.

"Every time I close my eyes, I see my parents got floated" she cried.

Unfortunately I knew what it was like seeing someone get floated, I mean it was my job back on the ark. I even tried fighting for some peoples lives, but it never worked.

"I bet you miss them" I added.

She nodded.

"We can move past this though, earth is where we can start new" I said looking at her.

"You should get some rest, you can sleep in my tent" I stated firmly standing up.

I lead charlotte over to my tent and tucked her in tight, then she asked me for something I didn't expect.

"Can you see me a song?" She asked me.

"My mom always sung me to sleep" she added.

"Of course" I smiled.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

I sung a song I used to sing to octavia when she couldn't sleep at night.

"Your a very pretty singer" charlotte told me before drifting into sleep.

I walked out of my tent and went to enter the drop ship to see how Jasper was holding up.

"Hey Monty" I said as I entered to the third level.

"Oh hey Annabeth" he replied.

"You okay?" I asked softly.

"Yeah just want him to be okay, he's like a brother, every memory I have there's Jasper" Monty explained to me.

"Yeah I know, you should rest I'll keep an eye on Jasper" I told him.

"Thanks, wake me if anything happens" he said.

"I will don't worry" I replied.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>