Grounders

"Cause I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we're breaking down
We can find a way to break through
Even if we can't find heaven
I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna stand by you"

Stand by you | Rachel Platten

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

Annabeth's pov ~~~~

Even though I didn't want to leave camp, we had no choice. The grounders would attack at any moment and we weren't prepared for it.

I wasn't the only one who was injured from Murphy. When he shot at the ground of the drop ship, a bullet went straight into Ravens leg.

"Clarke says you can walk now, but to tell me when you can't go any further that way I can carry you. It's a long journey" Bellamy told me.

"What if I don't make it that far bell?" I asked him.

"Hey don't say that. I lost you once, I can't let that happen again" he whispered.

"Yeah I know" I said softly.

He held my hand and gently kissed it. Soon Clarke and Finn walked in with a gurneys for  Raven.

"You're a coward for wanting to leave" Bellamy told Finn.

"Time to go" Clarke interrupted them.

Finn then left the drop ship in anger. I knew at some points he didn't like Bellamy or get along with him, but I know they did trust each other.

"I need you Bellamy, we all need you. The rest of the Delinquents are willing to fight and die for you, so please join us" Clarke explained.

Bellamy helped me up and we all walked on outside.

"18 dead" Bellamy said softly.

"82 alive, we did good bell" I replied.

"Come on" I added.

Bellamy splashed a bucket of water onto the fire pit, and it went out leaving a cloud of grey smoke up into the air.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

We began our journey towards the sea. It was a long way, but we needed to be safe. My stomach was hurting and walking was starting to get harder.

That's when Octavia suddenly bring all of us to a halt, I could tell she was sensing something. Everyone went quite and stopped walking.

"Octavia?" I asked softly.

Just as I was about to walk up to her, a silver blade came flying out through the trees and embedded itself into Drew's head, killing him instantly.

"Grounders!!" Jasper screamed out.

"Everybody run!" I added.

We all took off back to camp, some kids were picked off and died in the process. We made it back behind the camp walls.

"Wait we're doing exactly what the Grounders want them to do!" Clarke yelled.

"Returning to the camp so we're are back in place for the battle" Bellamy added.

"Grounder scouts already outside, we can't leave again Clarke. We need to stay and fight" I spoke up.

"Every gunner to their posts!! Close the gates!" Bellamy yelled out.

"Octavia!" I shouted.

"You're not a gunner" Bellamy spat.

"Yeah I'm a grounder, like you said" she replied then ran off.