Chapter 30

"Mathew", I heard my love whisper as a series of kisses were planted over my cheek. Finally after four or five of these I tilted my head to meet her lips. She pulled away, making me open my eyes. She was sitting up on her knees all dressed and made up ready to walk out the door for the airport. "Someones anxious," I stated closing my eyes again, not satisfied with the little sleep I got. I could just feel the frown radiating from Felicia; that alone motivated me to sit up. She smiled as I sat but that smile was quickly replaced by a look of concern. "Honey are you okay?" she asked me feeling my forehead. I put on my best fake smile not wanting her to worry and replied "Yeah, just didn't get much sleep". "Are you sure you want to go?" she asked me being the caring person she is. "Of course I want to go," I told her "Just let me take a quick shower and we'll head to the airport".

Felicia offered to drive us to the airport since I didn't get much sleep, which I was really thankful for. It was only a twenty minute drive so I didn't get to much shut eye before Felicia put her hand on my shoulder. I jumped "What", I yelled a little to loud. Felicia jumped, looking taken back by my little outburst. Immediately I grabbed her hand in mine "I didn't mean to yell at you, I'm so sorry". She still looked a little upset, but tried to smile anyways. "Come on, let's go catch our flight," she said in a cheery voice.

Before I knew it we were in Italy. Between lay overs and flight delays we barely made it there by dinner time. The sun was already setting over the beautiful paradise. Felicia was up with her face in the window the entire trip, she was so excited. It just made me love her even more seeing how happy she was.

We drove a ways away from the city before getting to where we were going to stay. "Mathew, I don't mean to be picky but why are we all the way out here?" Felicia asked me as we pulled in the drive way of a small cottage. "Just wait, you'll see," I told her as we got out of the car and headed inside. "Here let me have that bag. I'll carry everything in, why don't you have a nice look around?" I told Felicia taking her suitcase. "Awe thanks Mathew that's so sweet of you," she told me giving me a quick kiss on the cheek then leaving.

After I finished bringing in all of the bags, I went and found Felicia sitting on the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked her. She looked up at me and just smiled. "I love you Mathew, I can't believe you did this for me". I smiled back at her and then gave her the big news. "That's not all I did", I told her handing her a key. She took the key and looked at me funny "What's the key for?" she asked. "This place, I bought it. It's yours now". Her face was expressionless. "No, you can't. This is way to much," she told me giving the key back. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up into a hug. "Nothing is to much for you. I want you to love life, and you can here. You're far enough away from the city that you can escape the noise, but it's only a ten minute drive. I want you to have this. You can live here, or rent it out and go back packing around Europe, or just visit". "Why are you doing all of this for me?" she asked. I was confused by her question. "What do you mean?". "I already love you. You don't have to buy me all these things," she told me. I kissed her "I'm not trying to buy your love. You deserve to be happy and I'll do whatever I can to make you happy". "I am happy silly, as long as I have you". She kissed me and I couldn't have been happier.