Chapter 5

Mathew and I had been sitting in the movies for only about ten minutes watching people act in a language neither of us knew when we both stood up at the same time and said "Want to bail?" we laughed a little getting us some glares from the people around us. Quickly we got out of the theater before people got angrier with us being in the way. 

     "I'll pay you back for the movie," I told him as we walked out into the street. The sky was filling with clouds and it looked like it was about to pour rain. "Its fine, don't worry about it." Looking at his watch he added "Well it looks like we've got a couple of hours to kill before we go eat. What do you want to do?" He asked. I looked up and down the street at my options and finally asked if we could just walk around the nearby mall. He said that sounded fun and we set off.

            "So what do you do? College? Work? Taking a year off?" Mathew asked me as we walked through the large food court back to the stores. "Ever sense I graduated a couple months ago I've been working and saving up to move to Europe." I told him.

        "Europe? Whoa that's far. How does your dad feel about that?" He asked as we headed into a little boutique.

        "He's all for it. The day I graduated he tried to give me a check so I could leave right then. He really just wants me out of the house." Mathew saw how sad this was making me so he tried to change the subject.

        "Well where do you work?" he asked.

        I looked down kind of embarrassed "It's this little restaurant called "The Pink Ladies Diner." He smiled "Is that the one with the skirts?" I let out a sigh and said "Yes the one of the skirts." He chuckled a little. "What's so funny?" I asked.

        "Just imagining you dressed up at all better yet in a skirt like that." He said laughing some more.

        "I do dress up!" I shot back. He grinned and made my heart melt.

        "I invited you out to a fancy dinner and you wore jeans and a tank top." He countered.    

        "I told you I've been saving all my money to move to Europe I haven't had money to buy any fancy dresses like Molly wears..." I trailed off. His smile fell a little

        "Let me buy you one. We're already here in a store might as well buy something." I was a little taken aback.

        "Uh, no that's fine I couldn't let you spend your money on me. You have a big wedding you're planning you need all you can get." 

        He smiled again saying "You never asked me what I did for a living."

        "Well what do you do?"

        "I'm V.P. of the network CNC." My mouth dropped a little.

        "But you're so young?" I questioned.

        "It's my dads company. Now no more of that, here." He handed me his credit card. "Go buy a nice dress and some shoes to match. I'll wait outside and make some phone calls real quick." He left without another word.