Chapter 44

The industrial park was only twenty or so minutes away, but it couldn't have felt longer. The knot in my stomach only grew larger as I got closer to my destination, not sure of what I might find once I got there. Felicia's father had texted me some screen shots of old blue prints he had of the warehouses. I studied over them as I parked trying to figure out where the best place to start looking would be. 

I finally decided to start in the upper left corner of the property where it looked most abandoned. Molly wouldn't be so stupid as to use a warehouse that was being used. I got lost almost the second I left my car. Every building was the same rusted silver color, both old and new. At this point the blueprints didn't help at all I was just blindly searching various structures. 

What felt like a lifetime but was probably only hours I heard footsteps. Not just any footsteps though, these feet where in some very expensive sounding heels that I knew had to be Molly. The sound was coming closer so I hid until she came into sight. 

She didn't look like a person who in the past 24 hours had killed an innocent man, kidnapped her own sister and possibly even... no I couldn't think that. She was in an all black pant suits with a matching pair of black heels. I didn't see any evidence that she had taken Felicia or any blood. She walked past where I was hiding talking into her bluetooth ear piece. "No, let him have a little more fun with her. He deserves it. I'm heading back there now, meet me in half an hour". She didn't even sound like she had done any of these horrible things, she was happier then I had ever seen her. 

I quickly followed her, keeping enough space between us so she wouldn't hear me. She led me through a maze of warehouses before finally reaching one that looked... exactly like all the others. Once she went inside I started walking the perimeter of the building she had entered. I needed to find another way in that didn't immediately show I was here. Who knows how many people she has in on this with her.

Around the far side of the building I found part of the warehouse had collapsed into itself due to low maintenance. I crawled through the little space careful to dodge old wires and metal pieces. On the other side of the hole it was just as abandoned and wrecked as the outside looked. I picked up one of the metal pieces that were scattered all along the floor and hurried along, knowing I might be walking into my own death too.