Chapter 23

All night long, my head was on cloud nine. Having Felicia love me back was like a dream come true. She was the right girl for me; I couldn't feel less guilty for leaving Molly. She deserved it.

            "Mathew?" Felicia said to get my attention from her living room. I turned and saw she had just taken a shower; her hair still clung to her in little ringlets all the way down her back and her towel still hung around her as she held the top. I wish I had been invited to this shower session.

        "Yeah what's up?" I asked.

        "I was thinking maybe you're right, it would be nice to spend a week away with you, and I mean if you still want to anyways". I couldn't help but grin like an idiot.

        "Of course I still do. Do you have anywhere in mind you would like to go?" She stood there biting the tip of her finger, which I have come to realize by now is something she does very often, as she thought. I knew where she wanted to go though; she talks about it a lot. A smile appeared on her face and we said together "Italy." She ran over to me and plopped down on my lap and gave me the biggest kiss ever. As she pulled away I held her close, wanting to savor every moment I had with her. "Could we go to Rome or maybe Venice?" She asked me as she laid her head on my chest. I kissed her forehead and said "We can go whereever you want, at the office tomorrow I'll start looking into hotels and flights." She squealed out in excitement and kissed me.  "Thank you so much Mathew, you really are the sweetest thing ever."

            Later on, after we had eaten some Chinese take out, we were laying on her bed watching a movie. I wasn't very interested in this particular title so I mostly just stared at Felicia as she watched. Her bright green eyes followed every little thing that happened on the screen, like if she missed one little thing the whole movie would be ruined for her. It was kind of cute how she was sat up and jumping at every little action scene. Eventually she looked over and saw me staring at her; her face went red as she said "You're going to miss the whole movie if you just keep staring at me." I scooted closer to her on the bed and started to place kisses in a trail down her neck. As I came back up so I was eye level with her I saw she was grinning. She pushed me down and climbed onto me and started to kiss me. She pulled my shirt off and kissed my chest so innocently I almost wanted to put my shirt back on. As I started to put my hands up her dress to get it off things went down hill. She froze, which made me freeze. She grabbed herself up like she was holding herself together and curled up into a ball. I could tell she was crying silently the way she rocked back and forth her head in between her knees.

            "Felicia please talk to me," I begged for the gazzilionith time. She lifted her head up, and I almost wished she hadn't, it broke my heart to see her cry like that.

        "I'm sorry Mathew," She croaked out. "I can't do this," she told me before getting up and running out of the room before I could stop her. I was left to my thoughts ,just thinking how selfish I had been, I should have known trying anything would bring up all those bad memories..