Chapter 16

The next morning I awoke to Mathews arms around me still. I kissed the inside of his wrist and cuddled up into him. He held me tighter.

        "How long have you been awake?" I asked while yawning.

        "A while, I just didn't want to let you go." I turned in his arms to face him and smiled widely.

        "That's so sweet." He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer again. Just laying there with him so close, breathing in his amazing scent, it was like heaven. I never wanted it to end.

            "What am I supposed to do?" Mathew asked me later out of nowhere as we drove into work together. I knew exactly what he was talking about. The same thought had been on my mind sense yesterday when we kissed in his office. We shouldn't be together, he's with my sister, but I'm so much better for him. I couldn't be selfish though, no matter how much I wanted to say, "Be with me," or, "Dump her," I couldn't do that to her, even if she treated me like a prisoner in my own home. Mathew kept looking over at me, barely focusing on the road long enough not to crash.

        "What are you thinking?" He finally asked.

        "Laying out my options. It's up to you Mathew. I know it's not what you want to hear, but the whole situation is up to you." We parked and Mathew turned to me

        "I want you..." he trailed off and I just knew there was a but coming.

        "But you're with Molly and you're too much of a nice guy to leave her and screw both of our dads over..." I finished for him. He grabbed my hand in his and that's when I knew I was right. I wanted to cry, to scream, to kill Molly.

        "Felicia, it's obvious to both of us that we have a connection. Maybe if we had met first." I nodded getting out of the car; I couldn't let him see me cry, so I did what any girl would do. Run and hide in the bathroom.

            I sat there for a good twenty minutes crying before I realized how pathetic I was being. I was a big girl and I needed to get over this. After applying some foundation, to cover up the newly formed bags under my eyes, I headed to my desk. Mathew was sitting there waiting.

        "Felicia come in my office for a minute please." I followed him even though I knew I would just end up more upset. He sat down across from me on the sofa opposite the room from his desk. "Please don't be upset and let this change us." He pleaded. After I didn't answer for an extended period of time he got up to leave. I stood up next to him and smiled with my brilliant idea.

        "Mathew what if we just sneak around. Once you're married we'll completely quit." He looked at me skeptical.

        "Felicia you know I'm not that kind of person."

        "I know, I'm not either but we have something here and I want to get a chance to live it... Even if that means giving you up to my sister in the end." Mathew starred at me for what felt like forever. I thought he would say no, say that I was just crazy and a whore or something mean. He didn't though. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me, no more hesitation, no more little pecks. This was a full on real kiss, and I just knew from then on we would have something, he couldn't say "no" now.