Chapter 21

Molly greeted me with a kiss and faked smile. "Hey Mathew. I'm so glad we could get together tonight. I feel like we haven't seen each other in a long time."

I nodded "Yeah." Trying to keep the conversation light and Molly in a good mood. We were seated and I tried to be gentlemen, pulling out her chair for her.

"How has work been?" she asked in a tone that told me she didn't actually care.

"It's been alright. Felicia has really livened up the place a lot." That got her attention. She was really trying to suppress her anger I could tell.

"Oh really? Why did you give her the job? Why not me?" She asked barely keeping her cool.

"You don't do work and you know it. She needed work. So I gave it to her." She had the ugliest look on her face.

"Well let's not ruin our dinner with talk of that whore. Let's talk about the wedding!" her whole demeanor changed at that. She was all smiles now. "I was thinking we'd do a big wedding, and I have the venue all picked out and the guest lists written up and I hired a wedding planner to take care of all the little details." She started pulling out a folder and handed it to me. I skimmed the lists of stuff in there. First was the guest list. All the standard people where on there. Her dad, my parents, her close circle of friends. I noticed as I finished two things. A. Conner was on the list. B. Felicia wasn't.

"What's wrong?" she asked noticing my face had changed.

"Felicia isn't on here." I told her, Molly exploded.

"What is your obsession with her?! She's nothing but a dirty little whore! She's using you to get back at me! That's all there is to it! I swear if I wasn't this close to you I'd swear you loved her." By now we were starting to get a lot of stares, so I gave her one last chance.

"Calm down and add her to the list," I told her as calmly as I could muster. She started to go off again and I just couldn't take it. I got up and left. The whole way out of the restaurant she was yelling after me.

All of this anger just continued to run through me as I thought more and more about her. I got my car from the valet and sped off. I was speeding down the highway when I got a text from Molly. "Fine! I'll invite her. Stop being such a baby." I texted her back trying to keep my eyes on the road. "Forget it Molly. I'm getting tired of your crap. We're over."

Turning my phone off to avoid her calls and texts, I got off the high way and headed to Felicia's. I had to tell her how I felt and how we could be together finally. I didn't care about the consequences, Felicia was worth it.