Chapter 19

"Yeah. Listen I'll see you later on today." I woke up to Mathew on the phone. He was pacing back and forth on the balcony. I could tell by the way his eye brows bent together that he was frustrated. He saw I was awake and forced a little smile my way. "No, I am not with your sister. I am at the office. Early meeting, listen I have to go it's about to start, I'll see you tonight." He yanked the phone away from his ear and looked at it annoyed. One name came to mind, Molly. Slowly getting out of the canopy, I walked over to him and took his phone gently from his hand. I not so gently throw it inside and placed my hand were the phone had been. He gave me a small, sad, smile and said "Your sister is going to be the death of me." I wrapped my arms around his neck and asked "What time do you have to meet her?" 

He looked away and said "6:30. I'm so sorry. I tried to get out of it but I couldn't." I shushed him and said "It's fine Mathew. You and her are engaged after all. You're going to spend time with her." He looked at me finally and told me in the most precious voice ever "I'd so much rather spend time with you." Smiling I kissed him on the cheek and lingering there a moment whispered "Me too." He smiled back at me and wrapped his arms around me, letting them rest right above the hem of my jeans.

        "Will you spend the day with me until then?" I asked him, feeling my cheeks flush thinking about spending another whole day alone with him. He pulled me close and kissed me once on my cheek just like I had done before and nodded. Smiling widely I planted one right on his lips. I could feel him smile through the kiss obviously not expecting me to have been so forceful.

            We had been laying out on the balcony most of the day. When out of nowhere Mathew stands up. He pulled me up beside him, holding both of my hands. His face was the picture of excitement. I smiled at him, in an oh-my-god-this-guy-is-crazy kind of way. "Don't look at me like I'm crazy," he said calling me out, but then immediately going back to his excited face. I smiled a little at his accusation hoping to god he had something to say and wasn't just going to stand there smiling at me like an idiot. "Will you come with me?" he asked. I was surprised. "What? Where to?"

        "Anywhere you want. I've got money. Before I get married I want a week of you all to myself," his smile widened even more if that was possible. I mirrored his smile and could feel butterflies erupt in my stomach at the thought of a week alone at a hotel with just him. That's when reality kicked in though. My smile faded, Mathew noticed immediately. "Felicia what is it? I thought you'd be all for it," he asked as all traces of happiness left his face. I gave him a huge hug, just holding myself there wrapped around him a long time, as if I was glue and the longer I held him there like that the better the chance for him to be okay would be. It wasn't though, as I let go I saw he was still frowning.

        "Molly would find out Mathew, I can't be the reason you guys break up." Mathew seemed to take that news rather to well because he started laughing.  I however did not find this funny. Pulling away from him I crossed my arms across my chest and started to walk away, trying to think of some smart ass comment to say. Of course my brain decided then to turn to mush though.

        "Felicia wait, I've already thought about Molly." Some of my anger fell away as he told me that.

        Without turning around or uncrossing my arms, I asked "And your thoughts are?" He picked me up from behind and twirled me around as I pounded on his arms to let me go. I flung myself everywhere. Finally he twisted me around still holding me and said "I go on business trips all the time. I'll just tell her it's one of them." I acted as if I was still mad and he frowned along with me. "Unless of course you don't want a week with me, then I'll just leave." He said dropping me onto the hard concrete. Quickly getting up I ran to catch up to him and once in front of him gave him a big hug.

        "I'd love to go on a trip with you," I told him. Letting go of him he kissed my forehead and smiled down at me.