Chapter 47

This was it. I am finally going to get revenge for all these years of torture and abuse. I've finally made it back to what had been my holding cell, iron rod in hand, and ready to kill anyone who got in my way. 

"Well Well Well, isn't this just grand. You never even left the building. Could you not find the exit you stupid bitch," Molly called from just across the room. She didn't look to be armed at all, and Conner was no where in site. I flew at her rage flowing through my body like rapids as I screamed out all of my frustration. She didn't look scared at all. "I wouldn't," she warned before motioning for Conner to pull Mathew out from behind a wall. He had been tied up and beat to a pulp. My feet stuck in the ground like cement. 

"He isn't part of this, let him go. This is between us," I somehow found the strength to yell out. How could I have done this? All the courage and rage I had felt just moments before was replaced with fear and regret? Why hadn't I just left with him and called the police like he asked me too? He looked up at me through the blood that was soaking every inch of his face "Do what you came here to do". Conner threw him down to the floor and pulled out a revolver, "I have a different idea, how about you shut the fuck up and we can play a little game"? Conner shot the gun. My heart was blasting in my chest, as tears threatened to pour out of my eyes. A blank. 

Molly cackled with laughter like an evil villain would do in a story, fitting since she seemed to be the evil villain of my life. Mathew stared at the floor excepting his fate, but I couldn't. Molly had ruined my entire life and I wasn't going to let her anymore. With every ounce of energy I had I stood up and rammed at her with my rod again. She barely had time to react more then a surprised face before the iron rod made contact with the side of her head. She went down with a bang and didn't get back up. 

Conner jumped up and pointed the revolver at me "Don't even think about it," he yelled, panic suddenly in his voice, "I'll shoot". He'd been wanting to play Russian Roulette with Mathew, and had only used one shot. so I had a one in five chance of getting shot. If I could just get close enough to wack him to. 

Mathew caught my eye and his face told me to stop but I couldn't. I ran at Conner as he shot his Revolver. Bang! Bang! I threw the rod at a very surprised Mathew and jumped at Conner. Bang! Mathew picked up the rod and put it through Conner's head. I landed on Conner with a thud and quickly rolled off him. "Are you okay?" Mathew asked bending down to kneel next to me. I took my hand off of my abdomen and exposed where I had been shot. The very first round he shot at me had been loaded with a bullet. One more turn and Mathew would have been dead. He was frantic now trying to reach the police. He cried over me as I began to shut my eyes, "Please Felicia, no"! I saw red and white lights flash as I let go, I knew everything would be alright.