Chapter 1

Ding. Ding. "Order up for table twelve," the cook yelled from the kitchen. Wheels hit the tiled black floor making little clanking noises each time. Sliding around people and round tables I quickly made my way to the island where the fresh hot meals where sitting waiting to be delivered to there designated tables. Scooping up two hot meals in my hands I dashed back through the tables till I reached the table the meals where meant to. Sweat trickled down my forehead as a strand of my dark blonde hair came with it. Dropping the plates in front of the customers they muttered, "thank you" and I skated away. Glancing at the clock, I noticed my shift had been over half an hour ago and nobody had told me. Rolling my eyes I clocked out and went to my car to strip off my skates and drive home. The best time of day was the end of a hard days work even if it was at this crappy job. I keep telling myself just a few more months, just till I hear back about one of those better jobs I applied for. 

      Exhaustion hit me hard on the way home from my thirteen hour shift as I drove the twenty minutes back to my dads house. I've been staying with my dad, but I have been saving up to move out for a few months now ever sense school ended. My father was very wealthy and owned many homes due to his excellent career; he owns and operates a television network "TPT". This house however he stayed in most of the time. It's a Victorian style home and pretty big, it's at least large enough that if I wanted I could avoid seeing him or my sister any at all. 

      Finding my way through the maze of hallways I found my bedroom. My room always looks so bright and inviting with its blue carpet and light grey walls. I was about to collapse on my circular white bed when I looked down at my sweaty cloths and thought better of it. Stripping off the 1950's poodle skirt and matching top I hopped in the shower. The steaming hot water eased up all the tension the hard day's work had put on me. I smiled happily realizing I didn't have work tomorrow either.