Chapter 5: Cool human ppl exist

"Damn dreamboat, is that really what you wear day to day?"

"Yes. Do you have any issue with my clothing choices?"

Virgil shrugged, "It's just weird; you're from the 21st, these people tend to dress informal"

The trio of vampire had just found each other at the square. The ebony black sky hung over their heads, dusty clouds covering the brightness of the moon. Tall streetlights shone down with their golden light, illuminating the scenery, the usually green trees now amber. The only people apart from them were drunken pedestrians singing old songs, ignoring the vampire's existence.

Virgil wore a ripped purple t-shirt with many holes, revealing parts of his chest, under a black patched hoodie. He had many necklaces apart from his chocker, striped gloves over his hands. He had the same boots he had been wearing when they met, one of the purple lazes un-done, hanging to the side.

Meanwhile, Janus had his long hair in a braid falling down his back, a hat over his head, casting a shadow over his scarred face. The man wore a dark yellow shirt, orange in this light, with a black jacket over his shoulders, gloves covering his slim hands.

Finally, Logan. He was wearing a black shirt with cuffed sleeves, un-tucked, over black jeans, dark boots. Today's tie showed a version of The Scream, by Edvard Munch, the colors being more blue-pink rather than orange. He had been the first of the three to arrive; the other two showed up five minutes later.

"I think Logan's style is quite fashionable. Although no one can battle your levels of elegance, Virgil," Janus said with a smirk. The emo rolled his eyes.

"Let's just get the flake to your place for a proper introduction, huh?"

...

For the first time ever, Logan would be visiting Janus's home. He wasn't sure what exactly to expect; Janus never talked too much about his personal live. Now that he thought about it, Logan knew very little about Janus in general. As far as he was aware, Janus had a husband, someone with a name that started by the letter R, possibly R-E? That was all he knew, apart from the fact that he was an immigrant, just as Janus. The vampire talked about him fairly often, everyt time he did his eyes were filled by joy, but personal details were always scarse in these situations. 

Janus guided the younger vampires to his car. It was a black vehicle, with big, round headlights and a square built. Even if Logan didn't know the model (cars had never been his forte), he knew it was old, a ford from the 1950s he recalled from past conversations. That made more sense now; Janus probably bought the car when it first came out instead of years later, as Logan originally thought.

From the back seat, Logan saw the buildings go by, landscape going from exclusively skyscrapers to a suburban zone. The car continued, passing over all those perfectly equal little houses until they disappeared and all that could be seen was countryside. The vampire didn't know anymore how long they've been sitting in the car, but to his surprise, he didn't feel sick, as he usually did after long rides. It was, in fact, a quite pleasant sensation.

The song Razzle Dazzle was playing at the moment, Janus muttering along, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. Virgil hadn't taken his eyes off his phone during all this time, snickering now and then, the headphones resting in his ears. Logan suspected he was watching some YouTube video, altho he couldn't be sure about that. Whatever it was, it must've been very entertaining, as the Emo hadn't participated in any of the short conversations that Logan and Janus had shared

The crescent moon shone up in the sky, now hard to see, as it was almost at the center of the sky; almost midnight. Just as Logan opened his mouth to ask for the first time in all the journey how much longer they'd have to wait, he located a light in the distance. As the car approached, he noticed it was a house. A rather big one, in fact. The closer they got, the more obvious it became that that was their destination.