Chapter 22: The lost teenage ghost.

TW: almost kissing, some fighting, mentions of alcohol and drug consumption, Virgil angst, self depracating thoughts, ya know, the usual

Patton hadn't been lying when he said that Virgil was skilled at the games available at the fair. He managed to win a total of 3 new plushies for Patton in a relatively short amount of time, participating in games which were known to be rigged. He even managed to win with the high striker, something which presented itself impossible for the other three of the group.

During all this time, the behavior from the lucky vampire was... strange. Something was off, but Logan wasn't able to put his finger on it, as the knowledge on how he acted normally was limited. But still... Virgil acted much more flirtatious than his usual self, directed both at Logan and any good-looking person they found in their way. Furthermore, his pattern of speech also seemed altered, such as his mannerisms. Logan caught Emile shaking his head a few times towards this behavior but didn't say a thing.

At some point, both Emile and Patton got hungry, so they decided to go fetch dinner. As neither of the vampires needed (nor particulaly enjoyed) eating food, they stayed behind after agreeing to meet back at the Ferris Wheel once more.

This meant... well, this meant that the two vampires were alone now. Logan looked over at Virgil, who was leaning on the wall of one of the stands. The youngest of the two sighed. Virgil was acting strange, Emile looked uncomfortable... he was getting answers.

"Virgil?" He asked, approaching the other, "Erm... if I may- what's been going on today?"

"What do you mean?" Virgil asked back with a smirk.

"Um- your behavior has seemed to shift ever since we got here, and with that I mean... well, we could say- we could say you've been acting much more flirtations than often, to put it one way, and-"

"Oh, so you've noticed," Virgil's grin increased as he pushed himself off the wall, beginning to walk closer to Logan, "And what you think?"

"E-excuse me?" Logan's voice got a pitch higher. He bit his tongue, trying to control is voice.

"You're pretty, I'm hot. We both know that; it was made pretty clear a month ago. Soooo," Virgil was very close now. He wrapped his arms around Logan's neck and leaned his head forward, whispering the next few words to Logan's ear, "How about we continue it from where we left it?"

Oh god. Oh fuck. Fuck no!

Virgil smiled, getting his face even closer to Logan's; not close enough so that their lips could touch, but closer nevertheless. He stayed there, waiting for Logan to make the next move, waiting for their lips to collide. Logan did move, but not the way Virgil expected; he backed away and pushed the other off.

"What the hell was that!?" Logan half-yelled to a very confused Virgil.

"I think that's pretty obvious, dreamboat."

"I- yeah, ok, you tried to kiss me. That was pretty obvious, a round of applause to me to figure it out, but- why!? And why now? Why all of a sudden?"

"Because I'm lowkey feeling horny and last time I checked you thought I was very hot?"

"Well I changed my mind about that last thing."

"Uh, whatever," Virgil rolled his eyes, turning his head to look away. He gave a few steps back and crossed his arms, shoulders hunched. The vampire shook his head a slight bit, making hair fall over his face. Logan sighed.

"Look- I... I'm- I'm not the best with stuff. With this kinda stuff. The talking stuff. But- You've been acting strange all night... by that I mean more annoying than your usual self. No offense. The thing is that it's gotten me concerned. Emile also seems concerned... or something along that line. I'm very confused about many things so- please just tell me what the heck is going on?"