Chapter 25: Logan be a Nico kinnie (they both have a crush on Percy Jackson) /hj

We're at 1,6k now uwu

The vampire walked down the streets towards the theatre. Christmas decorations shone from the streetlights, there were decorated trees inside the stores to add to the "holiday spirit" and you could never shake off the sound of a Christmas carol playing in the background. As much as Logan enjoyed the winter months, he wasn't particularly fond of this moment of the year. The man had never found too much appeal on the celebration itself as he was not religious, he never got good presents and he didn't have the nicest memories tied to the festivity itself.

With those thoughts in mind, Logan felt his vibrate inside his pocket. Upon getting it out, he saw a call from Janus. The vampire internally groaned. Seriously? Janus needed to chill. He didn't this much before, and Logan wasn't fond of this change in custom.

"Janus, I have to go to work, what on earth-"

"We have a code lavander," Janus interrupted him, urgency in his voice, "We fucked up big time, Lo."

"What?" Logan frowned, stopping dead in tracks, "What happened?"

"We forgot Virgil's death-day!" Janus muttered.

"...his what?"

"Uhhhh, I hate that you're only a month and a half old!"

"Excuse you, I'm 27-"

"Not in vampire years. Ok, so remember now two weeks ago we celebrated your 1-month vampiric anniversary? Well, that same thing, but for Virgil this time. And it's extra important because we do this instead of his birthday and we forgot."

"Maybe you should've included things like these in the introductory presentation you did to me a month ago. I'm still lost. Explain."

"Alright- on December 19th it's Virgil's death day, aka, the day I turned him into a vampire, aka, his death day or vampiric anniversary. Normally we celebrate this stuff just because it's an important thing to celebrate and all, sorta like a birthday, but the significance of Virgil's one is bigger because, unlike with the rest of us, we can't celebrate his actual birthday as no one knows in which day that falls. I believe he told you about his childhood; long story long, they didn't celebrate those things in his family, and he only knows his year of birth. Because of that, we pretend both dates are the same day, as it happens with me. Anyways, said date is in 3 days and we don't any have gifts for him."

"Oh..." Logan paused to process the information that had been told to him, "Well that's an issue..."

"Understatement much?"

"How is it that you didn't get him anything though? Like- if it's so important...?"

"We both know about my horrible memory, Logan. From whole chunks of my existence to little dates, I forget everything, so it ain't easy to remember everyone's birthday. Of course, then there's Remus, who I love with my whole soul but who's concept of time isn't the sharpest and thinks we're still in the 16th half of the time, so that doesn't help. And with Patton- he has adhd, remembering dates isn't his forte either. So getting all of us 3 to try to both remember a date and know when the date is borderline impossible"

"What about Emile?" Logan asked, "Has he remembered?"

"Oh, he has. The little bitch bought his gift weeks ago and failed to remind any of us!"

"I see... I'm guessing you're calling me because-"

"Because tomorrow we're going to the mall to find something for Virgil and you're coming with."

"There we go," Logan rubbed the bridge of his nose, "Well, if you excuse me now, as I have to attend my job, but I'm pretty sure that if I don't go voluntarily to this search, you'll kidnap me, so we're meeting at 18:40 tomorrow. Don't be late"

"I won't! Enjoy working!" Janus exclaimed before hanging up. Logan repressed a smile as he rolled his eyes.

...

Sunday rolled away and Monday evening arrived. Logan sat by the parking lot, waiting for the group to arrive. Janus had asked him to wait next to the disabled parking spaces and to expect the bigger, silver car, so that's exactly what he was doing. For once, they weren't late (the vampire suspected this had to do with the fact that Virgil wouldn't be joining for this trip, but he couldn't be too sure).

Janus was the one driving, and, luckily, there were enough empty spaces so that it was an easy parking (it wasn't exactly his strength). The older vampire got out and nodded at Logan, acknowledging his existence before walking to the truck of the car to pull out a wheelchair before bringing it back to the front for Remus to sit in it.

Patton was still in the car at the moment, altho that wouldn't last too long as the second he spotted Logan he threw the door open and rushed out to greet him, earning a little yell form a momentarily panicked Janus, something along the lines of "Patton! Be careful!"

After some discussion, it was decided that the group would be divided into two separate teams to allow them to cover more stores in less time while looking for a good present. The groups ended up being Janus and Remus on one side, Logan and Patton on the other.

It didn't take long for Logan to regret agreeing to this decision. As it turned out, Patton didn't want to buy an already made gift, instead desiring to make something original of his own (as it appeared to be tradition), resulting on him wanting to buy the entire craft store.

When Logan him several times if he had a clear idea of the materials he needed or on what he wanted to make, all the response he got was a shrug. Apparently, no one knew what the gift was going to be, not only the person in charge of making it. The kid got too distracted inside the store to focusing on shinny things, cool things, cool things and "things he needed but didn't know why not what for." Being the productivity and goal-focused person he was, this presented itself as a stressing thing for Logan. He was hoping for there to be at least an idea to work with, but it turned out that was a bit too much to ask for.

Not only was this an issue on itself, but Janus had imposed a budget they needed to follow, which ended in many arguments between the vampire and the kid on what they could and could not afford. It took them way longer than what Logan wished for (aka, between one and two hours), but finally, they settled for buying purple card paper, colorful strings, glitter glue, some pom poms, a pair of scissors that didn't cut straight and some markers.

Now that that was over, it was Logan's turn to find something for Virgil. He decided to go to the bookstore, since everyone knows that the best gift possible was always a book.

Unfortunately, finding a good book was a tough task when going with a 10-year-old kid. Apparently, the kid was still pissed over the fact that Logan refused to buy him the five 100-sticker pack (it went way over budget and Patton refused to let go of the scissors!!). The solution that Logan found was handing him The Lighting Thief and telling Patton to read it while Logan continued with his search. When he was a kid, Logan was obsessed with those books, so he hoped that Patton would be entertained with it enough for the vampire to find what he was looking for.

Thankfully, the plan worked. Patton ended up being a bit too exited about it, which meant that Logan had to buy two books instead of one, which wasn't particularly a bad thing. Now that all things were ready, it was time to go look for the other two. 

A/N

Interesting things will happen during the next chapter.... >:D

Also, i may need to cancel the thursday updates. I managed to keep the 3-times-a-week update system because i wrote A LOT  but that streak is over

One would think that during school you'd be able to write less and not more, but writting was an escape from school and studying, and now that that¡s gone i focus more on other shit (like laying on the floor)

Anyways, thats still not sure, and it'll depend on the anount of chapters i keep wirtting

peace love and granola!