Chapter 60: Peace, Love and Granola

7k reads pog 
(y'all ruined it- I was gonna make a 69 joke but then another 100 reads came by and now it's for nothing /lh /nm)

tw: none really, except for me getting emo over this

Logan woke up alone in bed that afternoon. This wasn't an uncommon occurrence even though he shared it with his partner. Roman always woke up earlier than him, something you'd expect, considering how crown wasn't impaired by potential burns that could occur because of sunlight. It had been a learning process for em, getting used to keep the blinds and windows closed once Logan started living with cloud. Thankfully, no mayor incidents had occurred- just one or two close calls.

First thing the vampire did after stretching up was to find his glasses, which sat on the bedside table. While he had no issues navigating in the total darkness that was his room, he still needed the glasses to see eyes already used to the dark around him but still needing them to see.

The bathroom was connected to the bedroom through a door next to the closet. Logan went there to start his waking up routine, repeating the same steps he did every day. It had been slightly altered from how it was 2 months ago, but most basic steps remained the same.

Just after washing his hands, Logan splashed some water to his face to get himself actually awake. The reflection in the mirror looked at him back, grey eyes tracing over his face before gazing to his hair. A hand ran over it, trying to neat it up. Not long ago, Logan had gotten a haircut as it was starting to get out of control (to the dislike of many, Janus in particular). This had then been followed by dying it again, an almost black shade now, though it still contained indigo reflections if the light hit it just right. He smiled; it was a good look.

The moment Logan stepped into the living room, someone appeared in front of him, putting a hand around his waist and kissing him softly.

"Buenas tardes, mi amor," Roman whispered, "¿Dormiste bien?"

"Si," Logan replied, "¿Y tu?"

"Not bad," Roman smiled, "Good Spanish, by the way, truly seeing an improvement there"

"Stop teasing, I'm trying by best," Logan chuckled, kissing Roman's cheek before going over to the kitchen.

"No, I mean it! You might've only said three words, but it looks like you know what you're doing."

"You ask me the same question every afternoon, of course I know what I'm doing"

"¿Y si intento algo un tanto distinto?" Roman mused, "¿Me entiendes cuando uso frases más difíciles?"

"Si que me entero, no hace falta que te pongas así,"

"Solo estoy orgullose, mi amor," Roman smiled and kissed Logan's forehead

"It's not that big of a deal; I've been living with you for two months, you end up picking up lots."

"Still impressive," Roman said, "Now go get your bloody breakfast."

"Will you always make that pun? Every single time I wake up?" Logan asked with a bit of a chuckle.

"Sure plan on doing so," Prince beamed, "You do need to get ready though, we leave for the vamp's place in an hour."

"Oh, right, I almost forgot," Logan nodded, getting the dark red bottle out of the fridge

"Almost forgot?" Roman looked up at him, "Logan, it's your 6-month vamp- uh... vampniversary? Was that the term?"

"Close enough. I think it's pronounced Vampiversary," Logan corrected, "But I don't see why it's such a big deal..."

"Come on, mi amor, we all know that this hasn't always been the easiest for you. Certainly wasn't at all at the beginning. A little celebration brings the spirits up! Spices things up a lil, gets this sometimes-slightly-shitty-thing and gives it a new angle. Besides, any excuse to party is an amazing excuse to party."

"You spend too much time with Virgil," Logan rolled his eyes with a fond smile, "You're starting to sound like him."

"And who should I blame for that?"

"Point taken," Logan nodded, taking the first sip of his morning cup of blood, "Let's go get ready, I don't want to be late."

...

It was crazy to think it had been 6 months already since that one November night... So much had changed. During that time, Logan only really had two friends, Janus and Roman. And he wasn't even that close to either of them, just causal friendships, in a sense. But from there, he had gained so many more people; he had befriended Virgil, Emile, even managed to get along with Remus and Virgil's partner, Remy. He had become Patton's mentor, honorary uncle, he now even babysat the kid often and took him to the cinema whenever they got a good excuse. He was now dating Roman, finally, something that he wouldn't have thought possible a year ago.

For once, Logan had a relatively good view on the future, even if he was still scared for the consequences of all that had happened.

Well, no need to worry about that. The present was what was important, and right now, that meant going to the mansion, getting hug-attacked by Patton and going inside where there was some music and lighthearted celebration. The future? Well, that'll be a story for another time. 

A/N

And, after around 9 months of work (i think-), the book is finished

Yep. Finished. Finito. The end. Se acabo. That's it

This was a long journey, but i'm happy on how it turned out. The word document where i've been writting this says that we got a total of 221 pages and 96645 words- and wattpad says it takes around 8h to read the entire thing, so... i'd like to say a good job to myself for writting this in under a year and good job to y'all for getting to the end of it 

i genuenly wish i could've made more content about this book for you guys, i had this fun idea with a trip to the museum in mind, but i just got very burnt out lol

i started a dtiys a few months back about this book... it has an indefinite amount of time, and it admits art, cosplay and writting... if you wanna do anything with that info, my insta is doodlespaulas

also, there'll be more content of mine coming along, i got other books, an oc one actually is on wip and i've posted a new chapter for that earlier today

so yeah...

love you guys

peace, love and granola