Chapter 48: Big book worm and bby book worm bonding time

5,1k pog

as for tw all i can think of is lowkey but not actually spoilers for The Titans Curse and kinda lying and decieving but thats mostly it?

"Mr. Sanders? I- Uh, alright, Thomas-"

Logan was currently on the phone as he prepared breakfast for Patton. He had made sure to wake up early enough so that he could prepare something before Patton had a chance, not trusting the kid with it after seeing what had happened at Virgil's. Now that he was at it, he had decided to phone his boss with enough time's notice.

"Look," Logan continued, using his hands to close up the cereal bag, holding his phone with his shoulder next to his ear, "I don't think I'll be able to come tomorrow and Sunday to work- No, there's no need to worry about me, I'm fine, but- well, it's a family emergency, some things happened- i'm sorry, it's complicated, but I'm temporarily under the care of... my nephew, and-"

"Nephew?" Patton chimed, having just popped up from Logan's bedroom, as he had given the room to the kid for the time being while he slept on the couch, "Does that mean I can call you Uncle Logan now?"

"Uh- yes, Patton, but I'm-"

"Nice!!" Patton exclaimed, hugging Logan, who almost dropped the carton of milk he had in his hand, along with his phone.

"Careful Patton, I'm on the phone," Logan said, grabbing the device away, "here, I made you some food. Can you give me 5 as I finish?"

"Okey-dokey kiddo," Patton picked up the cereal Logan had made for him before going over to sit by the table.

"Anyways- As I was saying-" Logan got his phone ready again, but Thomas spoke over.

"Don't worry Logan, you take care of the kid. Is your sibling... are his parents ok?"

"They will be soon, hopefully. I think it'll be resolved by next week."

"Alright, I hope it turns out fine. You take care of the kid, good luck with it."

"Thank you," Logan settled the phone down once the call ended and looked over at Patton, who was reading as he ate.

Emile had come by late last night, having had to walk all the way here as Virgil had taken his car. He brought some food with him, assuming that the vampires wouldn't have reasonable things in their pantry- which was a fair assumption. He had also brought the book at Patton was currently reading and some more clothes, along with a toy or two more and a pen drive with some of Patton's favorite cartoons.

Patton had gotten very excited when his father came, and Logan stepped away to give them some space to talk after having to say goodbye so suddenly. The man had promised to come by today, hopefully sooner this time.

After Logan came home yesterday, he texted Roman for prince to know what had happened. Crown promised to come by later and help to look after Patton, but until then, he was alone with the child. And even tho he was a relatively good teacher, he had no idea how to actually look after a kid.

"Alright Patton..." Logan started, getting close to Patton, sitting on the empty chair next to him. "What are you reading?"

"The Titan's Curse," Patton said, lifting his book up slightly so that Logan could see it.

"Oh? You liked the first book I bought you?" Logan asked, remembering that time a few months ago when he got him the lightning thief.

"Yeah! I liked it a lot- It's so cool that you then got me the collection of the first five books for my birthday, I loved it! So much to read now!" Patton smiled. Logan frowned slightly.