Chapter 39: A non-surprising surprise

Logan rushed down the streets, running towards the theatre. He hated this. He hated having to do this-

When he got turned into a vampire, it had been late autumn, and it didn't take long for it to be winter. Days became short with an increasing speed, therefore there wasn't a need to worry over sunlight, as he had just enough time to get to work. But as months went on, days became longer and longer again... so far, he had been able to manage, considering the proximity of where he lived. Today he had gotten distracted and had to run. Surely, this'll soon become the norm rather than an isolated factor.

"Damn it," He muttered, trying to catch his breath once he arrived. Logan stepped inside, ignoring the weird looks he got form his coworkers and towards the tech room. This wasn't the first time he arrived minutes before what could be considered late (in Logan's standards, who used to be always early) in the past week.

It didn't take long for him to bump into Roman, who seemed to have been waiting for him. Ey quickly bent down slightly to peck a kiss in Logan's lips (asking for consent, of course)

"You're a bit late, I was starting to get worried... What happened?" Roman asked

"Sorry," Logan muttered, rubbing the back of his head, "Sunlight"

"Oh? Ohhhh..." Roman nodded in acknowledgement, "Oh- That- sounds like an issue, actually"

"Tell me about it- The worst thing is when Thomas catches up that something is up... he could fire me if I start coming late systematically!"

"Well, you could avoid that by telling him you're a vampire," Roman said, "I'm sure he'll understand and be able to accommodate."

"What? Roman- no!" Logan quickly quieted them out, looking around to check if anyone could've heard their conversation. Thankfully, they were alone, "That's a bad idea."

"Why?"

"Because- Because- I- I don't know, Roman," Logan pushed the hair off his face, "Anything could happen! I don't want to fuck up and loose my job or something- there's still people who believe that vampires don't exists, and others who are incredibly paranoid about us- I don't want to risk getting into trouble"

"But Logan... this could actually become an issue. As you mentioned, if you start coming late systematically, you'll get into trouble anyways, so it'll be better to try and get things fixed as soon as possible, right? Besides, it's Thomas! He's like- the most accepting person I know. I'll be with you when you tell him if that helps you"

"Sure... But I still believe it's a bad and risky idea"

"It'll be fine. And if it isn't, I don't mind taking the blame"

...

The couple decided to go look for Thomas after the show that night, once Roman had changed to princes normal attire. Finding the man was an easy task, as it was normal for him to stay around until a bit later in case it was necessary to talk to him after a performance, as it was the case today.

"Mr Sanders?" Logan called, approaching the older man, Roman trailing behind him

"W- Logan, how many times do I have to tell you... you can call me just Thomas, the "Mr. Sanders" thing is unnecessary, makes me feel old," Thomas said with a kind smile

"Sorry," Logan muttered

"So, what do you two need?" Thomas asked, "Is everything alright?"

"Well- sorta? We need to discuss some things... In private better," Logan said. Thomas frowned slightly and nodded, guiding both to a nearby empty room so that they weren't standing in the hallway and closed the door behind them