Chapter 26: /ITS A REVENGE PARTYYYY/ (it really aint but i love the song)

1,7k >:D

Also, artist edition of last chapter, they go shopping lol

(it aint finished, but thats because i dont like how it looks)

Anyways, let's get started with the actual chapter

TW: mentions of ppl having sex, some anxiety, idfk

Wednesday finally came, meaning it was December 19th, aka, Virgil's birthday. The plan for the party was a fairly good one, and quite straight(gay) forward. Virgil would be out until midnight (in theory, knowing him he would probably arrive at 1am) partying on his own and with his other friends before coming back home to celebrate with family. Meanwhile, the others would prepare the party for him.

Even if it technically wasn't an actual surprise party, the decorations and things they'd do were going to be the surprise. Janus explained that one time they had tried to throw Virgil a real surprise party, keeping it completely hidden and... it didn't end up well. Logan wasn't given any details as to why, and he didn't necessarily want to find out.

The youngest of the vampires got to the house at around 11pm, giving him between an hour and hour and a half before Virgil arrived. For the special occasion, Logan had decided to dress more casually, meaning he wore the jeans and t-shirt that Virgil had bought with him, altho he opted for a flannel instead of the leather jacket, and ditched all the other accessories. It was funny, actually; normally in this time of the year, Logan would've metaphorically died of cold wearing these few layers, but right now he felt... alright, normal, not cold, not hot. Janus had explained that the un-dead experienced temperature differently, but it was still an interesting and fun concept to experiment with.

It was time to help decorating. There were many tasks to do, including hanging around the fake spiderwebs that Patton had crafted with his yarn (apparently Virgil loved the Halloween aesthetic and spiders so this was considered a good idea). Another of the decorations included hanging around Christmas lights, not because it was December and actual Christmas was in less than a week, but because both Patton and Virgil refereed to them as "gay fairy lights" and deserved to be part of celebrations. It was also necessary to put on the birthday garlands and finish frosting the cake (which Remus didn't allow anyone to go near to). And, of course, placing the presents on the coffee table.

All of this took them almost two hours, finishing at 12:44. Considering the time, Virgil would arrive at any moment now. It was just a mater of time.

And so they waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And Virgil didn't get back.

And it was 2am already and Virgil wasn't there.

And Janus called him (multiple times)

And he didn't answer.