Chapter 4: A Deal Struck

Chapter 3 Synopsis:
Gryphon and Riven manage to escape capture by reactivating the Pyramid and flying it away from Mountain Glenn, unaware of the stowaway called Shae. Shae is soon discovered and captured by Gryphon before being questioned by him about the planet he's wound up on. Eventually, her teammates called her scroll and made a deal for the safe return of their comrade in exchange for allowing Gryphon into Vale unimpeded.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

The ride back to Vale was quiet. Of course it was, none of them knew what might set this man in front of them off. Then again, he's only ever attacked in retaliation and it was only the one time. Still...he was kind of attractive outside of that armor- Ugh! What the hell are you thinking, Skylar! Just focus on driving!

Gryphon: Fuck, who's funeral are we driving to?!

Skylar: Pfft!

Skylar quickly placed her hands over her mouth, suppressing the spontaneous laughter that came from it before quickly putting them back on the controls.. Gryphon smiled at the girl in pirate attire.

Gryphon: Alright, someone with personality. What's your name?

Skylar: It's S-Skylar.

Gryphon: Well, Skylar, could you tell the rest of your team that they can stop holding their breath? I'm only here for a ride to Vale so I can look around and see this Beacon place. Hey, Riven? Scan their weapons for me please? If you could, could you think up a few schematics that fit me and get them going in the Bergusia Forge I'd appreciate it.

Riven: Of course, O Slave Driver Mine.

Gryphon: Thanks, love ya.

Imperia: Why do you want to see Beacon and Vale?

Gryphon: What would you do after discovering another planet inhabited with humans on the edge of the galaxy that's seemingly unplagued by the problems of your old home?

Nix: Compare them. See what's different, what's better and what's worse.

Gryphon: Exactly. Be honest with me, what do you think of the guy that runs the school?

Nix: You mean Headmaster Ozpin?

Gryphon: If that's the white haired one, then yes.

The room went silent again. During our second year as students we all had the same discussion. We all came to the same conclusion.

CBSS: He's hiding something.

Gryphon: Hmm. That's a surprising amount of honesty.

Nix: Alright, now I have a question for you before we land.

Gryphon: Alright.

Nix: What is..."The Traveler"?

Okay, what the fuck? Gryphon stared at her with his mouth slightly agape. He hadn't said a word to anyone about the Traveler to anyone, so how the hell did this girl know anything about it? Could the Traveler have been to this planet before?

Gryphon: How do you know about that?

Gryphon's normally friendly tone became low and aggressive which put all of the girls on edge.