Chapter 26: Conspiracy

RLNN along with Shae, Gwen, Juno, and Skylar stop in front of a house.

Ruby: This is the place?

Skylar: Yeah, but you all have to promise not to attack once you see who else is in there.

Pyrrha: Why would you need to say something like that?

Nora: Yeah! We're your friends aren't we? Besides, anybody who gets their legs broken has to deserve it.

Skylar: Promise.

Exchanging looks of confusion, the group eventually promises to not jump to any conclusions about what's behind the door.

Skylar opened the door and beckoned them inside.

The inside was well furnished, fancy even. It had a combined living room and kitchen with grey walls adorned by various paintings the like. There were quite a few bedrooms as well.

As they entered the living room the saw a most unlikely sight.

Roman Torchwick, Neopolitan, Nix Carmen, and Lux Daybreak were sitting in the living room watching TV. Roman was first to notice them.

Roman: Hm? Oh! Hey, Skye and various irritatingly familiar children.

Ruby: What the f- ROMAN?!

RLNN reach for their weapons before Roman raises his hands in surrender.

Pyrrha: What's a criminal like you doing here!

Roman: Woah! Hey, I'll have you know I'm a reformed man! Skye, why didn't you tell them yet?

Skylar: Oh sure, I'll tell my friends that I'm living with a criminal who actively made their lives difficult.

Roman: Fair. In my defense, that prick Adam Taurus had a noose around my neck.

Nix: Not that any of that matters.

Everyone's attention turns to Nix as she suddenly speaks without looking away from the TV.

Nix: What's critical to all of our survival...is where a certain Deus ex machina went.

She turns up the TV as a News Reporter speaks. The visage of the Pyramid begins to cast it's near endless shadow over Haven.

Reporter: The mysterious vessel the crashed into Mountain Glenn months ago now nears Haven. What does this mean? Is Haven under it's siege or it's protection? More, tonight at eight.

As the report ended, the room became dimmer. Neo snapped her fingers and pointed towards the sliding glass door that led to the backyard. The group gathered outside and got a clear view of the Pyramid's imposing figure.

|>—>—>—><—<—<—<|

Gryphon shadestepped past the Torch Hammer shot of the last Gate Lord. He reached out to Ahamkara's Demise and the blade shuddered before unearthing itself from a second Vex Gate Lord's chassis and rocketing towards him as he sprinted towards the last Vex in his way.

He leapt towards the Gate Lord and caught the sword, spinning with it's momentum before bringing it down on the colossal Vex's head and cleaving it in two.

There was a moment of silence before a fountain of Vex radiolarian fluid burst from the Gate Lord in a shower.

Sonorous clapping came from behind him as he stood up. Wisps of light were absorbed into the cracks of the blade as he turned around and the symbols along the blade began to shine as he put the blade away.

Gryphon: Sure. Let me fight a horde of Vex and two Gate Lords alone, Efrideet.

Lady Efrideet of the Iron Lords stopped clapping and removed her helmet with a laugh.