Chapter 13: New Sun Rising - Old Flower Blooming - Red Rose Blackened

.........
Vale was...quiet. There was barely anything left.

Collapsed buildings. Dropship wreckage. Striker fragments. Broken weapons. Charred bodies...

An orange light like a wisp of flame floats down an ash covered street. The Grimm that weren't stone statues ignored the floating light's existence as it drifted past them.

???: These are some weird looking dogs...what happened in this place?

A girl's voice came from the light. It's shape became more clear as it got closer to reveal a golden orange ghost shell wreathed in Solar energy.

 It's shape became more clear as it got closer to reveal a golden orange ghost shell wreathed in Solar energy

???: This happened recently. So many dead...

As she floated into what seemed to be the remnants of a shopping complex she found a specific corpse sitting all on it's own in the center of a cafeteria. This specific corpse radiated a wild, but fading, energy. Like a slowly dying flame.

???: This is the one.

Her shell expanded and radiated a cool blue light as she scanned the body, causing it become enveloped in sparkling white light.

As the scan continued, the light began to get irregularly bright and the body began to change. Then there was a blinding flash.

The light cleared as the body began to move, causing the ash covering it to fall of and reveal her blonde hair. She let off a waking groan as she stood up.

???: Good morning, Guardian!

The "Guardian" shakes her entire body out, cleaning most of the ash from her body.

"Guardian": What the...? Why can't I remember who I am? Why can't I remember- Ack! Ptoo!

As she went to speak again, a lock of hair got stuck in her mouth. She spat it out with a disgusted grunt.

"Guardian": Why the hell is my hair so damn long!?

Ghost: No idea. But! We can find out how you died.

The blonde Guardian turned towards the flaming Ghost with a curious expression.

"Guardian": How do we go about that?

The Ghost scammed her for a second before speaking again.

Ghost: There's a communications device in your back pocket. Take a look at that while we leave this place.

Following her new companion's advice, she pulls the Scroll from her back pocket and swiped through it as she followed the Ghost out onto the street.

"Guardian": My name is Yang Xiao Long, apparently. I can't make any calls out though.

Ghost: Well, communications are only down in this area. We might be able to find somewhere with signal. Wait a moment...

Yang stopped and looked at the Ghost as it began to survey the area.