Chapter 9: My Name Is...

Chapter 8 Synopsis:
Nix's attack left a devastating curse on Cinder, forcing her to constantly experience hellish pain at Nix's whim. Emerald and Mercury are forced to take her back to the Grimmlands to see if Salem can heal her, essentially failing their mission. A White Fang Lieutenant relays a message to Roman that Adam plans to continue Cinder's plan to destroy Beacon and Roman continues to aid them. Gryphon had flown to the Grimmlands in search of the castle Nix spoke of with the goal of finding the girl from her dream. However, with Void Light's limited stealth ability, he was resigned to using a Darkness power that let him walk between dimension and be completely invisible to everyone. He hid a SIVA node in the castle and used it to find where the girl was imprisoned. After some convincing, he got her out of Salem's castle and escaped without being detected.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

The trip to the Grimm continent took two weeks and then one week to find Salem's castle. The trip back only took one week at full speed. Gryphon was currently scanning public radio frequencies for information on what the large Military presence in Vale was for when he tuned in to the "Beacon Broadcasting System". He heard the voice of a broadcaster.

BBS Broadcaster: The Vytal Festival Tournament is the ultimate battle of skill, pitting the world's most powerful Huntsmen and Huntresses in training against one another... and it's finally here!

His passenger woke up with a short yawn as the broadcast continued.

BBS Broadcaster: Academy students from every side of Remnant have gathered in Vale to demonstrate their skill and possibly take home the Gold! Plus, there are whispers of a special event to take place at the end of the tournament!

The Solpiercer was coming into Vale's airspace when communication came.

Atlas Airstrip Operator: Unregistered craft, state your business.

Gryphon opened his comms channel and spoke candidly.

Gryphon: This is Gryphon Light, pilot of the Solpiercer. Returning from a mission in Vacuo.

The other side of the comms remained quiet for a moment before another voice came through.

Ozpin: Welcome back, Solpiercer. We've got a lot to fill you in on.

Gryphon closed his communications and landed at the open port.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

In all of his time as a Huntsman, Qrow has never seen a ship like that. Ozpin seemed nervous to speak to this guy, but what makes this guy so dangerous that Ozpin would watch his words carefully?

The Solpiercer's cargo ramp opened and Gryphon slowly came into view dressed in new Hunter armor with the helmet off as not to intimidate his new friend, who's hand he was holding to keep her from wandering off.