Chapter 24: Reunion and Resolution

|>—>—>—><—<—<—<|

The great black Pyramid only grows closer as time goes on.

The heated battle against the Nuckelavee continues. The fight continues and Ren ends up pinned to a building by a Nuckelavee extended arm.

Nora: Ruby!

Ruby nods, and she uses Crescent Rose to launch Nora in between Ren and the Nuckelavee's would-be fatal strike with its other hand. Magnhild is pinned to the building above Ren, with Nora dangling from it.

Ren looks up at Nora.

Nora: (pulling her skirt to hide herself) Stop looking!

Ren: (covering his eyes) Ah-ugh.

Nora grins to herself.

The Nuckelavee flings Nora around until she is knocked to the ground with her Aura depleted. Ren uses StormFlower to give himself leverage to pull the Nuckelavee hand off of him. He repeatedly goes after the creature, exhibiting reckless behavior, his eyes wild.

Pyrrha: Ren! Please stop!

Ren ignores her and ends up on the ground beside Nora, separated from StormFlower and his Aura also depleted. The two partners rise together, Nora first. Ren's eyes are only on the creature, and Nora tackles him and drags him under a building.

The Nuckelavee advances, but Jaune blocks it with Crocea Mors. Ren attempts to rejoin the fight but Nora holds him back by the wrist, her head down.

Ren: Nora, let go! Nora, they're going to get hurt if we don't—

*BANG*

The Grimm roars out in pain. What can only be described as a line of silver light shot from the approaching Pyramid. It punches a hole in the beast's stomach that created a stone like material in the leftover scar.

Each of the fighters stand stunned while the monster reels, howling in pain.

Ruby: Wait! That's-!

From the Pyramid, the barrel of a large gun is enveloped in silver light. A certain Queen lowers the weapon with a sigh as it returns to it's tower shield formation.

Juno: Hmph, I should have known that wouldn't be enough. Fine. I'll deal with it.

She drops the shield entirely as her eyes, fists, and feet become engulfed in the same energy. She does a powerful leap from the hull of the ship and rockets down towards the Grimm with a passive expression.

Mistaking the approaching silver light for a missile, the group dives for cover as the bright white explosion blocks their sight.

|>—>—>—><—<—<—<|

Quickly repeating a chant in Hive, Gryphon performs a Hive teleportation spell the envelopes him in Soulfire before he vanished from sight.

|>—>—>—><—<—<—<|

Ruby and the others slowly returned to their feet to see a familiar figure standing on the stone rubble of the Nuckelavee's horse body, leaving only it's upper body and a stone stump where it's arm was. Shae recognizes the person just by their silhouette alone.

Shae: Imperia...?

Juno looked moderately annoyed as she looked down on the destroyed monster.

Juno: Pitiful, really. He couldn't have handled this himself?

Hoping they weren't fighting the Grimm just because it was in the way, Juno gives a dismissive wave as she steps away from what's left of it.

Juno: Whoever wants it can have this kill. It makes no difference for me.