Chapter 12: Beaconfall - Pt. 2

Rosetta struggled to keep up with Gryphon's murder fueled strikes. Every retaliatory strike she attempted was countered, blocked, or evaded entirely. She attempted to use her semblance to blow him away like before, but he only slid back slightly before rushing in again with even more ferocity.

In a act of desperation, Rosetta pushed both of her hands out in front of her and arcs of lightning shot from her hands. They hit Gryphon, causing him to spasm for a moment before he slowly regained himself and put a hand out in front of him.

The lightning focused on his hand as if it were a lightning rod. He reared his free hand back and mimicked her movement, except a single bolt of lightning came out with a ferocious boom of thunder that sent her flying onto her back unconscious. For good measure, he whipped around and unleashed his Arc Lightning on the downed Striker which has effectively crippled the machine.

Gryphon opens his palm and Riven appears. She observes the surroundings before floating over to inspect Rosetta.

Riven: All that power from an organic semblance.

Gryphon: She was able to cut past my wards. If she was committed to her cause she would have at least hurt me.

Riven: Are you planning to spare her?

Gryphon's chest heaved as he looked at the White Fang Lieutenant. His gaze turned to the devastation occurring across the city.

Gryphon: Riven. I think it's time we brought Project Dawnbringer to fruition.

His Ghost slowly turned to him with shock.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

The students chose to split into their respective teams to search the city while CBS divided to spread their search area. Nix and Lux remained together while Imperia and Shae went off in their own separate paths.

Following Imperia, she carries her shield as she runs down a burning street looking for survivors. She comes to a stop in the middle of an intersection. She turns in the direction of a scream to see several alpha beowolves next to a larger Grimm.

As she blinks, a memory flashes through the darkness. That same Grimm destroying an entire kingdom on it's own.

Her normally purple eyes opened to reveal a pristine silver and her voice become someone else's.

Imperia?: Hmph. I figured you'd return.

Her shield transformed into an Anti-Tank Rifle and she fired a shell into the large Grimm's back. It turned to face her, revealing it's monstrous features.

 It turned to face her, revealing it's monstrous features

Imperia?: Oh, I have your attention now? Good.

She suddenly stabs the gun's barrel into the ground before her body becomes shrouded in a royal purple aura.