Chapter 14: Convergence of Light

Gryphon sat in the middle of a White Fang base hidden in the vastness of Vacuo's sand. Fragments of Striker mechs, bodies, and weapons were strewn everywhere. His black Hunter armor was drenched in blood and the look in his eyes was vacant as the listened to the sword stabbed into the ground in front of him.

 His black Hunter armor was drenched in blood and the look in his eyes was vacant as the listened to the sword stabbed into the ground in front of him

[Maledictus Vitae - Exotic]["Oh bearer mine, I will give you the power of a god but it comes at price

["Oh bearer mine, I will give you the power of a god but it comes at price..."]

Gryphon stared at the sated weapon until he heard Riven appear. She observed the surrounding devastation before turning to him.

Riven: That's the third one in the last 24 hours...

Gryphon:...I suppose.

Riven: You're on a rampage...and I'm not okay with it.

He glanced up at the floating eye with an expression unseen due to the shade of his hood, leaving only the green glow in his eyes visible.

Gryphon: I'm not going to stop. Not until Adam comes and fights me himself.

Ahead of them, the Hive Knights returned. Three of them had prisoners. Two White Fang rookies and a Lieutenant. The Knights stopped in front of Gryphon and kneeled as he stood. His eyes glow brighter as he addresses the three prisoners.

Gryphon: I'm sure you know why I'm her-

Lieutenant: You damn human! We'll never tell you where brother Adam is!

Gryphon scoffed and kneeled in front of the first rookie, a Dalmatian Faunus.

Gryphon: You look young. Why are you in the White Fang?

Intimidated by Gryphon, he began to answer quickly.

Dalmatian: I-I was recruited by my best friend...but he died in the Beacon attack.

Gryphon: Hmm. Do you think that show of force at Beacon will get the White Fang's message across?

Dalmatian: I...no. I've suffered injustice from humans, sure, but i didn't join the White Fang to get revenge! I just want peace...