Chapter 6: The New Plan

Chapter 5 Synopsis:
Gryphon decided to help Team RWBY battle the Paladin on the highway. When he found their skills lacking, he took it upon himself to deal with the threat. He was this close to killing the criminal responsible when RWBY interrupted him, causing the criminals to escape. Irritated, he walks away from them with a short word of warning.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

Gryphon walked along the sidewalk once again. Those children are idiots. All that "Be kind to thy neighbor" bullshit isn't gonna save anyones lives. They're practically damning people with it. This is the exact same reason he never brought up the traitor to the Vanguard until after the deed was done.

Riven: I understand your point, O Guardian Mine, but this world and it's values are different from Earth's. Don't you think it's wiser to adapt? Like you did when the Vanguard objected to harnessing the Sword Logic?

Gryphon: Yes. Eris and I worked in secret to find Oryx's worm and kill it so that we could gain his powers through the laws of the Sword Logic. That's also the reason my Fireteam disbanded. They were afraid that I'd have Oryx and Akka whispering in my ear, manipulating me against humanity.

Gryphon took a seat on a bench in a park, uncaring of the presences that was currently approaching him on his radar.

Riven: We need something to do, My Guardian. A goal to reach.

Gryphon: A goal to reach, huh? Like what?

Riven: Establishing a foothold. Possibly getting close enough to this "Headmaster" to find out what makes them so desperate. Speak of the Devil...

Gryphon directs his attention to his right, watching Ozpin and Nix approach.

Gryphon: Something I can do for you?

Ozpin: I have an opportunity for you.

Gryphon scoffs. Nix steps forward.

Nix: Hear him out at the very least.

Gryphon: Tch. Talk then.

Ozpin smiles and takes a seat beside Gryphon.

Nix wiped her brow. She saw the footage of what the "Guardians" could be capable of from Ozpin. The way he waved his sword and put down a 200 ton mech without even touching it...it scared her. She had no reason to be afraid of him, he wasn't her enemy. But it still scared her.

Ozpin was nervous. One wrong word spoken to this "Guardian" and he could create a monster worse than Salem. The case was the same with Ms. Carmine, but she wanted to help.

Ozpin: I understand that this entire world is foreign yet familiar to you. Wandering the city won't get you very many answers.

Gryphon: So you suggest what? That I join your school as a student? Please...

Ozpin: No, nothing like that. That'd be outlandish. I was thinking more along the lines of an observer. A sit-in. You could watch the classes and learn more about this...chaotic world you've ended up in.

Gryphon opens his mouth to refuse when Riven speaks.

Riven: Hold on. This is what we need.

Gryphon: How?

Riven: Alright, humor me for a moment.

Gryphon's expression slowly went from disinterested to intrigued as Riven explained her plan to him.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

Team RWBY, JNPR, and CBSS entered Professor Goodwitch's combat class. Nix seemed to be looking for something and it was noticed by her friends.

The Banished GuardianOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara