Chapter 5: Chaos on the Highway

Chapter 4 Synopsis:
Gryphon had a brief discussion with the reunited members of Team Cloudburst as they flew back to Vale. Nix reveals that she's been having dreams about Guardians and seeing the visage of the Traveler in them. They land in Vale to find Ironwood waiting for them, or more specifically, for Gryphon. There's a verbal back and forth between the two before Gryphon uses a Hunter smoke grenade to vanish from sight. Later, after walking the streets of Vale aimlessly, Gryphon stumbles across Junior's bar. He then proceeds to commit a nefarious amount of chaos and wrecks the establishment. Not long after the fighting ended, Yang and Neptune arrive to see the devastation that took place. Gryphon is informed by Riven that radio activity in the area became erratic just before Yang gets a call telling her that her friends are in danger. She convinces Gryphon to help them by telling him the fight might be difficult for them.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

Gryphon follows Yang on his sparrow, Nightmare Stalker. They ride on the highway, passing between cars.

 They ride on the highway, passing between cars

Yang: That ride looks awesome!

Gryphon: Really? The first reaction I usually get is that it's intimidating.

Neptune: Not as intimidating as that armor!

Gryphon: Yep, heard that one before. Also duck!

Yang and Neptune duck under a flying car. Gryphon ramps off of a car and does a trick over the oncoming vehicle with his sparrow, landing cleanly.

Ahead of them, Blake and Sun are running and jumping from car to car as the Paladin chases after them. Yang pulls up to the side of the machine.

Yang: We've gotta slow it down!

Neptune: Got it!

Neptune reaches for his gun, but Roman notices the pair on his sensors and crashes into a multitude of cars with the Paladin's strong bulk, sending them flying towards his chasers.