Chapter 15: Den of Wolves

|>—>—>—><—<—<—<|

Tyrian: But Mistress-!

Salem: Silence.

Tyrian froze in the wake of Salem's death glare. He slowly sat back down in his seat, letting Salem continue.

Salem: The relic of choice is unclaimed. The fall maiden's powers are unclaimed. Ozpin is still alive. Summer Rose has resurrected. The girl is still cursed.

Watts: We should have sent Hazel instead that foolish girl. She's too ambitious.

Tyrian: You dare question Mistress's decision?!

Salem: If your childish bickering is over...I want to know of this Huntsman, Light.

Watts: I've searched everywhere record I can for information about this "Gryphon Light", but there's nothing. He doesn't exist. From the highway footage from when he first arrived, we assume his semblance is-

Salem: Not a semblance.

A cold silence ran over them all. Was she suggesting that this Huntsman was using magic?

Salem: I have encountered a thing such as him once in all my life.

She remembered it clearly. The way the dark stared back at her, and the way it sent it's soldiers to her dead world. The Pyramids descended from the sky and one being emerged from them. The energy those ships radiated began to terraform the planet with their presence alone.

It called itself Winnower then. It looked upon both her and the dead world of Remnant with little care, disappointment even.

"A shame. An immortal living among the dead. You hold no factor in my game, you are therefore irrelevant. You would make a poor pawn, even for the Gardener."

She was so frozen that she couldn't even react as the Winnower touched her.

"Cursed with immortality. Was it those two beings I encountered? They got in the way of my game...I dealt with it, though that means you are cursed forever now."

Tyrian: Mistress...

Her eyes snapped up to him, causing them all to flinch.

Hazel: Your hands...

She looked down and saw it. For the first time in centuries...her hands were shaking. She clutched her hands into fists and stood before leaving without a word.

Hazel: There's something out there...that scares her...dear god. What is this Huntsman really?

|>—>—>—><—<—<—<|

Gryphon stood there. Silent. The rogue Guardian's arm sparked occasionally, being severed as it is. Gryphon's grip tightened on the blade in his offhand, Jupiter's Gambit, and the Handcannon in his main hand, The Slight of Hand.

 Gryphon's grip tightened on the blade in his offhand, Jupiter's Gambit, and the Handcannon in his main hand, The Slight of Hand