Chapter 20: A New Nightmare Awakens

Pyrrha: That's all I was told, I'm sorry if it doesn't explain everything...

Pyrrha told Shae and Gwen what Ozpin had told her shortly before the Fall. Magic was indeed real, four women with magic powers who represented the seasons were called 'Maidens'. They had no need of dust and could conjure storms or melt glaciers with ease.

Gwen: So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic?

Pyrrha nodded.

Shae: And there are always four of them?

She nodded again.

Shae had entered a train of thought as she interlocked her fingers and rested her chin on top of them.

Gwen: Then, is Ruby a Maiden? Why else would that guy be after her?

Ruby had been wondering that herself and had come to a solid conclusion as she spoke up to answer Gwen.

Ruby: My Eyes. I still can't control it, but Silver Eyes have the ability to turn Grimm into stone. His "Goddess" must have something to do with the Grimm.

Shae suddenly mutters something that catches everyone's attention.

Pyrrha: Shae?

Shae: Skylar might be able to track the Maidens.

She sounded sure of it, but that didn't make sense to everyone else.

Ruby: What?! How?!

Shae: Skylar is among an extremely rare sort of people. All of Cloudburst is.

Ren: What do you mean?

Shae: All of Cloudburst's members have two semblances.

There was a gasp for everyone except Gwen, who gained a complex expression. Having two semblances was virtually unthinkable in terms of chance. A person could go their entire life without seeing someone with two semblances.

Shae: Skylar's second semblance, Treasure Hunter, can tell her of how any object she is aware of can be obtained.

Gwen: The question is, has she ever used it to find a human before?

Shae: I don't know, but we'll find out once we get to Mistral. Speaking of...

Shae pulls her scroll out and begins typing something, prompting the rest to begin preparing to sleep for tomorrow.

As everyone spoke amongst themselves, Gwen stood up and walked away from the group without being noticed by the rest. She spots a ship landing far from where they are and squints suspiciously at the location before she gets a strange chill down her back as she sighted the Pyramid rising over the horizon.

Gwen: Just what is that thing exactly? How did the wolves even gain control of it?

She sees a glint of light drop from the bottom of the colossal ship before getting closer and closer to their location. After a while, she gets a clear view of the ship as it drops a strange shimmering light into the trees and returns back to the Pyramid.

 After a while, she gets a clear view of the ship as it drops a strange shimmering light into the trees and returns back to the Pyramid