Chapter 11 ❂︎︎ Betrayed

Chapter 11, BetrayedSarah's POV

Sarah's POV

Chapter 11, BetrayedSarah's POV

Sarah cries as tears fall down. Her hands were getting tired as her feet and legs. She wanted to let go. Drop down and be done with it all. She had been waiting there all night long.

Was Jareth that cruel? So evil as to make her wait the though a whole night? Normally he was there in a blink of an eye to rescue her. But not tonight.

But not now! What had changed in him? Was he angered with her? Did he hate her? Did he truly not love her?

Was this all for money? For power as her mother had claimed for him to be? She could not trust her heart after all. She thought he would be there by now. But he was not.

Tears stream down her dirty cheeks. Her hands tremble. She was about to let go. This was it. She was going to do it. She was going to just let go. Come what may after.

She closes her eyes then braces herself for the fall. Just as she goes to let go someone grabs her hand. A strong pair of arms pull her up. Her heart leaps in her throat. Someone was rescuing her at long last. They had found her! She glances up into her hero's eyes.

She was startled to find it was King Torto. Not her beloved Jareth there to rescue her. He brings her to the cliff. She was safe. She was free at long last. She gratefully hugs him. She never been so scared before. He hugs her back.

☪︎︎ ✫︎☪︎︎ ✫︎☪︎

"I was so scared no one was going to come find me" she softly says as she holds on tightly to him.

"I will always look out for you dear princess" promises the king.

"I thought he would come for me" she softly says as she is filled with utter disappointment.

"Who dear?"

"Never mind" mutter Sarah.

Maybe her mother was right after all this time.