Chapter 23 ❂︎︎ April Showers?!

Chapter 23, April Showers?! Jareth's POV

Jareth's POV

Jareth was furious Sarah had betrayed him

Jareth was furious Sarah had betrayed him. Going behind his back. Stealing his things when all she had to do was ask and he would lend them to her gladly. But she did not bother to ask.

Not only that how could she think he would do something so awful as to give her away? When had he searched for her for years just to bring her back home?

It hurt him deeply inside to think she thought so badly of him. That she actually considered that he could possibly do something like that. It angered him so badly he called off their wedding.

And he did not want to call off the wedding. He sighed. How could he marry someone he did not trust though? How could he ever put his faith in her again?

Tears come to him. He missed her so much. He had been pushing her away for now. And his heart ached for her.

He of course did not want her to know this. But he nearly flew to her window the night before. He stopped himself. He could not do it yet. His pride would not let him do so.

☪︎︎ ✫︎☪︎︎ ✫︎☪︎

"Sir, go talk to her? I am sure she misses you" Hoggle says as he waddles in there.

"Leave me be. I have much to think over" snarls an angered Jareth.

"It broke me heart inside it did. To push that little girl away from the gates. She sobbed at the door for hours begging for you" Hoggle reminds him.

"It is not easy to toss her aside! I do not need everyone thinking less of me as she does to" he snaps at Hoggle.

"She did not think badly of you sir. The fairies were messing up her mind. Forgive her and take her back. We know you want to" Hoggle points out.

Of course, he wanted that. More than anything in the world. But it just was not that easy. Not for him or his pride. He never forgave.

That was what made him feared in this land. If he forgave her and took her back the others would think less of him! And he had a kingdom to run here!