Chapter 2

***

"Ah!"

I let out a short scream as I felt a strong pain that instantly warped the bones in my wrist.

I felt a slight loosening of the grip on my hand. I didn't miss the opportunity to shake off the hand of the man who caught me with the other hand that wasn't captured.

"Wait a minute!"

My body was falling at a rapid rate towards the floor, but strangely everything seemed slow.

Then I saw the face of the man who reached out to grab me.

His jet-black hair, red eyes, white face and fine features were so beautiful that it made me forget everything for a moment.

Somehow his eyes were filled with guilt.

The man's face was distorted as if he was in pain, but he was still as beautiful as ever.

It was even more mesmerizing than when I was looking at the moonlight.

I couldn't understand why someone I didn't even know was making such a face for me, but I would soon wake up from my dream and I would never know why. The moment I slowly closed my eyes, thinking, "I'll be back to reality soon," the raw pain choked me and soon clouded my consciousness.

A few minutes ago, the Princess tried to torment an innocent woman again today, but was stopped by the Crown Prince, and because of her high status, this was not a light matter, but she fled out of shame. It was always the case.

The people didn't care much about it. Even after that one little commotion, the banquet hall was still lively and festive.

People went out into the halls to dance with their partners and drink while exchanging happy looks and conversations.

In the middle of the banquet hall, the Crown Prince and Claire were standing. There were many people around them.

"Lady Dana, are you hurt anywhere?" (*Dana is her family name)

"I was really surprised earlier. I'm glad the Crown Prince came at the right time." (Someone else is talking.)

"I'm fine. Thank you for your concern."

Claire smiled brightly.

The people around her gathered to see the Crown Prince, but it seemed that the Crown Prince's attention was elsewhere.

His lips, which had been cheerfully red, were pale, and his eyes were wide open as if he had seen something shocking.

Surrounded by people, receiving interest and concern, Claire noticed the unusual condition of the Crown Prince belatedly and called him.

"Your Highness?"

There was no response from the Crown Prince.

He didn't answer any of Claire's questions, and a few seconds later, he ran off somewhere in a hurry, leaving her alone.

The people present seemed to be more than a little perplexed by the Crown Prince's sudden action.

Claire, with a small frown, turned her gaze in the direction he had been looking earlier.

There was a terrace with an open door, the curtains billowing in the breeze, and she could see a man standing in the middle of it.

The man's upper body was leaning towards the railing.

His hair, which looked soft in the moonlight, was dancing wild in the wind. After a while, Claire looked at the man's face and saw a surprised look on his face.